Comcast Sr. Director, Strategic Analytics in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Senior Director, Strategic Analytics-EBI
Comcast Enterprise Business Intelligence (EBI) Strategic Analytics team is looking for an analytical leader who enjoys rolling up their sleeves working on solving complex business questions using large, complex real-world behavioral data. Your work will directly impact Comcast highly visible business decisions.
The successful candidate will:
- Effectively partner with cross-functional teams & business partners with intent to build strong relationships that ultimately lead to identification of ways strategic analytics team can engage and improve business value
- Proactively evaluate, capture, and translate complex business questions into a structured analytical plan, including identification of effective work streams.
- Promote and evangelize a culture of excellence, data driven discussions, healthy skepticism, intellectual curiosity and knowledge sharing while maintaining an environment that is upbeat and fun
- Explore the unknown and brainstorm new ideas in a tireless attempt to uncover causality and hidden correlations
- Utilize hypothesis-driven problem-solving approach to reveal insights and opportunities by accessing, processing, exploring, interpreting transaction / event level data to succinctly tell the story and tie it to business implications.
- Identifies fact-based analytic strategies for key business issues raised by clients to ensure that all-important issues are addressed fully and appropriately
- Determines when and how to use quantitative research tools and models
- Develops and communicates goals, strategies, tactics, analytic plans, timelines, and key performance metrics to reach goals
- Collaborate as part of the senior leadership team within EBI. Promotes transparent communication among management team
- Drives solutions development process and works cross-functionally to build business case for new solutions development
- Effective communication skills ability to "tell the story"
- Demonstrated creativity in identifying the "so what"
- Proficient in SQL, R, and/or SAS, other relational database analytical tools, as well as a willingness to pick up new skills in this area
- Ability to grasp complex analytic principles and techniques
- Strong business acumen & demonstrated aptitude for analytics that incite action
- "Lean forward" bias to find opportunities and drive results
- Exceptional attention to detail and ability to progress multiple analyses in parallel
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to work effectively across functions, disciplines, and levels
- Work on problems requiring judgment and in-depth evaluation of multiple factors
- Independently identify key issues, patterns or deviations from norm
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent
Field of Study
- BA/BS degree in marketing, economics, statistics, psychology, engineering, computer science, mathematics, or finance
- MBA strongly preferred
Years of Experience
- 12 years related experience
Comcast is an EEO/AA/Drug Free Workplace
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer