Comcast Sr. Director, Mobile Architecture in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Responsible for directing and leading a team of end to end Architects, BSS Software Architects and BSS vendor engineering deliverables for mobile. Provides vision and leadership for developing and implementing information technology initiatives. Directs needs analysis, planning, and business review of Mobile IS systems, and specifically BSS Mobile system in support of business operations to improve cost effectiveness, service quality, and business development. Monitors emerging technologies/technology practices for potential use within the company. Designs and develops updated infrastructure in support of one or more business processes.
Helps to ensure a balance between tactical and strategic technology solutions. Considers business problems end-to-end including people, process, and technology, both within and outside the enterprise, as part of any design solution. Identifies and drives issues through closure.
Provides leadership and direction for diverse and complex functions. Contributes to the development of the organization's business strategy. Interprets business strategy and develops organizational objectives to align with this strategy. Manages multiple teams of technology professionals. Monitors budgets and makes recommendations influencing budgets, operations, and technology future vision.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities
Ensures programs are envisioned, designed, developed, and implemented across the mobile enterprise to meet business needs. Interfaces with the senior leadership team, Executive leadership, CIO, and other functional areas to ensure that most efficient solution
Ensures solutions are well engineered, operable, maintainable, and delivered on schedule.
Develops, documents, and ensures compliance with best practices and architectural direction of the Mobile technology leadership.
- Tracks and documents requirements for enterprise development projects and enhancements.
- Monitors current and future trends, technology, and information that will positively affect organizational projects; applies and integrates emerging technological trends to new and existing systems architecture. Mentors team members in relevant technologies.
- Contributes to the overall system implementation strategy for the enterprise and participates in appropriate forums, meetings, presentations, etc.
- Gathers and understands client needs, finding key areas where technology leverage is possible to improve business process; defines architectural approaches, and develops technology proofs. Communicates technology direction.
- Monitors the project lifecycle from intake through delivery and into production operations.
- Ensures the entire solution design is complete and consistent from the start and seeks to remove as much re-work as possible.
- Develops and communicates system/subsystem architecture. Develops clear system requirements for component subsystems.
- Contributes to and supports efforts to further build intellectual property via patents.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent
Field of Study
Engineering, Computer Science
Years of Experience
Generally requires 12 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer