Comcast Sr. DevRack QA Engineer in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Comcast's Technology & Product organization works at the intersection of media and technology. Our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products that transform the customer experience. From creating exciting products like the X1 Video Gateway, XB broadband gateways, wireless router technology, and new features such as the Talking Guide on the X1 platform, we work every day to make a positive impact through innovation in the pursuit of building amazing products that are enjoyable, easy to use and accessible across all platforms. The team also develops and supports our evolving network architecture, including next-generation consumer systems and technologies, infrastructure and engineering, network integration and management tools, and technical standards.
We have an exciting role for a QA Test Engineer on Comcast's Consumer Products Test team within the Premises Technology Comcast India organization. Our team works closely with our internal and external development partners to develop and conduct quality certification tests on Comcast's video and broadband customer premises equipment (CPE) products.Efforts within the Consumer Products Test team help ensure a world-class customer experience for the millions of Comcast customers on our X1 platform applications and more!
We are looking for a highly motivated technical person with CPE Device test experience who will help drive change and help others to constantly come up with better solutions to evaluate product quality, performance and the customer experience; as well as make suggestion for improvements. We are looking for someone who does not just know how to solve problems, but who helps define the problems and direction, creates value, and pioneers new frontiers in Quality Assurance.
The QA Eng 4 will beresponsible for designing, developing, implementing and executing tests for Customer Premises Equipment (CPE) video and broadband products.Using significant levels of available test automation, the engineer will support fast-paced testing of video products and ensure that test programs are delivered at high quality, on-schedule, on-budget and successfully deployed to the field.Assists in managing project teams, developing test strategies, and designing quality assurance practices. Able to deployment manual/automation solutions to the fast-paced dev ops paradigm, quickly tailoring solutions to help identify, reproduce, and triage lab/field defects.Able to establish and maintain product test standards, procedures and methods to enable seamless and efficient hardware/software product releases.Integrates knowledge of business and functional priorities. Acts as a key contributor in a complex and crucial environment. May lead teams or projects and shares expertise.
Experience/ Technical Skills
- BS degree or higher in Electrical or Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field
- 5years of experience in QA testing with hands on experience in different kinds of testing with afocus on Load/Performance testing
- Experience in Agile/Scrum methodology ideally in a fast-paced dev-ops environment
- Good understanding of LAN/WAN architectures and Wi-Fi standards
- Excellent Debugging skills & experience troubleshooting
- Understanding of video product regulatory requirements and test in areas such closed captioning, EAS, IP video streaming, audio/video codec; Dolby Digital Plus, Bluetooth Distribution, EAC3, and other
- Experience with video protocols and DVR, VOD, ip apps.
- Experience working with Telemetry data and analysis.
- Understanding of DAC and Headend w.r.t the Cable card.
- Ability to identify problems and new opportunities due to gaps within the scope of the department's projects
- Strong background in working in highly automated product test environments and able to assist in test automation and test script maintenance.
- Deep understand of video and broadbandproduct regulatory requirements
- Strong scripting proficiency in Linux or Unix based shell environment, command-line tools for analysis, and automation. Solid understanding of networking in Linux and test tools.
- Basic level knowledge of Python
- Experience working with industry standard Routers & Switches
- Experience working with Telemetry data and analysis.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance; able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary
- Experience working with TCP/IP, UDP, IPv4, IPv6 addressing, Ethernet, VLAN, ATM, PPP, DHCP, DNS, ICMP, ARP, NAT, Bridging, Switching, QOS, Multicast, IGMP v2/3 and Firewalls Experience with Performance/Load testing will be added advantage
- Familiarity with analyzers Wireshark & Ethereal
- Experience with broadband product test including DOCSIS, cable modem standards, digital voice and other
- Proven ability to works with technology partner/vendor teams to troubleshoot problems
- Develops test strategies and designs quality assurance practices.Identifies viable test strategies in order to support testing product functionality
- Leads engineering investigations which includes identifying, reproducing, and resolving product defects
- Responsible for White Box and Black box testing of the CPE products and interfaces.
- Develops, verifies and deploys reliable, and efficient test scripts focused on intelligent risk based testing
- Owns one or more testing verticals /projects and provides overall leadership to the assigned program including Test planning, Lab planning and development, test execution, test reporting and triaging.
- Acts as SME for one or more areas in CPE device testing
- Owns and manages assets for the initiative
- Provide timely and accurate report on assigned projects or ownership areas
- Collaborates with Product and Development teams to identify product and technical requirements
- Lead in the identification and resolution of problems and defects; able to initiate investigation processes, identifies and reproduces bugs or defects and drives issues and improvements to resolution- specifically for new devices.
- Reviews and verifies requirements and design specifications for validity in overall product design, with an emphasis towards product testability and verification.
- Serves as a guide and mentor for junior-level QA and automation development engineers; provides technical leadership and consultation with regards to practices, procedures and techniques
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer