Comcast Sr. Developer, X1 Apps in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast's Technology & Product organization works at the intersection of media and technology. Our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products that transform the customer experience. From creating apps like TVGo to new features such as the Talking Guide on the X1 platform, we work every day to make a positive impact through innovation in the pursuit of building amazing products that are enjoyable, easy to use and accessible across all platforms. The team also develops and supports our evolving network architecture, including next-generation consumer systems and technologies, infrastructure and engineering, network integration and management tools, and technical standards.
Are you up to the challenge of protecting Comcast's next generation set-top-box (STB) applications, services, and content?
Does raising security to a level where hackers are not even motivated to steal or attack excite you?
Do you have strong reverse-engineering skills?
If yes, we want to hear from you!
IN THIS ROLE
You will work as aDeveloper situated within the teams that develop apps for the Comcast X1 set-top-box (STB) entertainment system. Your key responsibilities will be to resolve security vulnerabilities assigned to you by your peers in the remediation team.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Develop code and scripts to remediate vulnerabilities
- Participate in scrum teams
- Collaborate with extended security team for recommended remediation approaches
- Interface with other engineering and security teams providing apps or middleware for Comcast STB system
- Help advance the goal of building-in security to all Comcast products
WHAT SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE
- The burndown rate for the security vulnerability backlog increases
- There are zero high risk vulnerabilities over 30 days old
- The Comcast X1 STB engineering teams consider you an indispensable team member
WHAT YOU SHOULD POSSESS
-Understanding of web application development, middleware, and application architectures
- Experience with scaled cloud applications
- Passion for cybersecurity, an entrepreneurial spirit, persistence, and resourcefulness
- Discipline to handle confidential matters with appropriate sensitivity
- Ability to communicate complex concepts to technical and non-technical stakeholders
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
- A cool and casual work environment with chances to showcase your skills
- A culture of innovation and continuous learning
- Training, support, and mentoring to expand and evolve your expertise
- Opportunities to impact the security of Comcast products in millions of homes and businesses
WHAT WE REQUIRE
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent, preferably in engineering or computer science
- 7 years of related experience
- Experience with OpenStack, AWS and VMWare
- Experience with C, C , and Java
- Proficiency in scripting languages like Python, PERL, and SWIFT on the Linux platform
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer