Comcast Sr. Copywriter, Experience Design in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
What We're Looking For:
As a Senior Copywriter on the Comcast Business team with the Digital Center of Excellence, you'll work alongside developers and designers to create and maintain copy for products, features, and offers on business.comcast.com, ensuring all work aligns with overarching content strategy as laid out by team leadership. You'll work independently to lead your own projects while keeping copy team and leadership in the loop. You'll be responsible for creating award-winning copy of your own and leading other writers to do the same, while adhering to messaging guidelines and best practices for all products and developing all written elements throughout a given project.
What You'll Do :
- Work with various stakeholdersdesign, development, SEO, and marketing and communications teams, among othersto produce UX copy, internal communications, and other pieces as needed
- Contribute to the team's overall understanding of product and project relevance and user behavior, specifically from a narrative perspective
- Maintain accurate, up-to-date copy files; track messaging feedback (from stakeholders and legal reviewers)
- Produce concepts and copy that are inspired, fresh and engaging.
- Contribute to and help maintain content strategy as set out by leadership
- Attend team meetings throughout project lifecycle and reporting on project status
- Stay up-to-date with and work within developer specs and design best practices
- Work with more junior-level copywriters to ensure cohesion and consistency of quality across all pieces
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Copywriting experience in an agency or UX team setting
- A standout portfolio and excellent presentation skills
- Expert knowledge of the English language and mastery of grammar/style application for marketing and UX
- Ability to review others' work and provide clear, constructive feedback
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to carry voice across various platforms and audiences from B2B to consumer
- Ability to understand and adapt to user perspective/mindset
- Agility and flexibility to adapt to changing requests in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to track jobs over time, helping to prioritize not just your own work, but that of the team overall
- Extensive experience writing for the Web, including writing for responsive formats
- Expert ability to deliver solid work in a deadline-driven environment
- Excellent collaborative skills with critical thinking and creative problem-solving abilities
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent. Preferred English, Communications, Marketing or other related fields
Field of Study
- Communications, Public Relations, Journalism
Years of Experience
- Generally requires 5-8 years related experience
Comcast is an EEO/AA/Drug Free Workplace.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer