Comcast Sr. Business Intelligence Analyst in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
The Sr. Business Intelligence Analyst is responsible for supporting the implementation and oversight of data governance goals, standards, practices, process, and technologies as they relate to Comcast HR Business Intelligence program and initiatives. Works directly with BI leadership and end users to identify operational and analytical requirements. The Business Intelligence Analyst must have the ability to communicate with others to understand and convey data and information needs; and develop reporting that tracks governance goals. Responsible for working to define business intelligence requirements for individual subject areas; develops conceptual data models, design, build, and test sets of reporting and analytic business intelligence programs. Works cross-functionally to collect data and makes actionable recommendations at all levels. Infers trends from a variety of data sources and confidently delivers their interpretation; makes recommendations to executives. Works with moderate guidance in own area of knowledge.
- Performs all business intelligence analysis and data exploitation. Extracts signals and signatures from raw data, integrates that information with other data sources and compiles/disseminates formatted reports to customers.
- Develops reports and dashboards that meet the BI and operational needs of the organization
- Plans and executes system testing. Requires knowledge of the customer's mission and technology used to accomplish a given task.
- Leads the analysis and reconciliation of data and reporting projects and initiatives delivery.
- Develops, maintains, and reports all relevant product, site, and customer metrics and applies findings to develop appropriate goals and projections.
- Creates actionable insight and understanding, through the analysis of both quantitative and qualitative data, building recommendations that directly address business objectives
- Trains others throughout the organization in using key analytical and forecasting tools and statistical analysis.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Identify and address data quality issues across the organization through root cause analysis and remediation activities
- Organize and communicate data quality results to key stakeholders
- Maintain enterprise data mappings in accordance with the organization's data policy and standards
- Create and develop test plans for business intelligence deliverables against requirements
- Work with HQ leadership and division teams, as necessary, to assist with implementation of data quality controls to ensure data integrity.
- Assist with monthly auditing of data in warehouse, including monitoring and reporting capabilities as appropriate.
- Assist with testing and validation of administrative tools and reports, as necessary.
- Assist with the on-going examination of existing business practices yielding recommendations for improved business practices related to reporting or data management.
- Provide management with requested ad hoc data/reports from systems as necessary.
- Plans multiple projects involving all aspects of business intelligence solutions and data.
- Performs a variety of projects and assignments to support the development, testing, and implementation of new and modified business intelligence systems in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
- Works with team and customers to define business requirements, resolve technical issues, and provide training.
- Assists in taking business intelligence to the next level to support business decisions and recommend best practices and policy in business intelligence implementation, maintenance, and data quality.
- Customizes report contents and views using Excel, Access, and other tools to meet the requirements of internal business customers.
- Leads analysis and recommendations relating to organization's optimization and testing efforts.
- Works cross-functionally to implement key projects. Interfaces with Finance team for revenue forecasting.
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent
- Generally requires 5-7 years related experience
- Experience with most Microsoft Office applications, and preferably experience working with Pivot Tables in MS Excel.
- Must have well developed quantitative, analytical, conceptual and problem solving abilities.
- Demonstrate ability to work and communicate effectively with both technical and business audiences.
- Able to work independently, assume responsibility for project deliverables, and work effectively within deadlines.
- Experience working with BI applications and application environments using multiple data sources
- Experience with SQL and T-SQL, database design, and OLAP technology
- Experience writing SQL queries
- Working knowledge of the following technologies / products / methodologies:
- Cognos BI
- Oracle BI
Comcast is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Drug-Free workplace employer.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer