Comcast Sr Analyst DBA in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
The role will be responsible for the implementation, configuration, maintenance, and performance of critical SQL Server RDBMS systems, to ensure the availability and consistent performance of our warehouse environment. This is a "hands-on" position requiring solid technical skills, as well as excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the development and sustainment of the SQL Server environment, ensuring its operational readiness (security, health and performance). The data warehouse supports an extensive suite of reporting and analytical applications and requires 24x7 availability. Must be capable of working independently and collaboratively.
- Configure and maintain database servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance, to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security.
- Apply data modeling techniques to ensure development and implementation support efforts meet integration and performance expectations
- Independently analyze, solve and correct issues in real time, providing problem resolution end-to-end.
- Refine and automate regular processes, track issues, and document changes
- Provide 24x7 support for critical production systems.
- Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities after hours.
- Design new datasets (tables, views, etc.) as needed in support of reporting asks.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent
Field of Study:
- Engineering, Computer Science
- Microsoft Certifications (MCTS, MCITP or MVP) a plus
Years of Experience:
- Minimum 3 year experience in SQL Server Database Management
- Experience in SSIS/SSAS
- Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recover (DR) options for SQL Server
- Experience with Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO)
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer