Comcast Sr. Analyst, Data Stewardship in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
The team’s focus is uniform access and complete transparency for Comcast data assets to enable informed business decisions that drive profitable growth. Manage the complete project lifecycle for new data integration, data integrity and data standardization centered on single source of truth.
- Data Discovery, data profiling and testing within the Big Data domain
- Assist in user acceptance testing for stewardship owned projects
- Maintain all UAT files/scripts and ensure latest updates are reflected within ALM Tool
- Gather requirements for the business logic layer for data sets within the Universal Data Environment (UDE)
- Provide user support regarding questions about all the datasets within the UDE
- Partner with data quality and project management teams throughout the project lifecycle
- Partner with IT organization for the development and implementation of approved projects
- Support standardization efforts for referential data used for data analysis and project
- Log any production defects within JIRA ticketing system and work closely with Data Quality
on validating fixes
- Assist with trainings on new and/or enhanced tables/views to end users
- Other tasks as assigned
Required Skills and Experience:
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science. Minimum of 5-7 years relevant work experience
- Ability to analyze data and work independently
- Ability to work on structured, semi structured data sets.
- Good organizational and interpersonal skills with the ability to work with various functional
areas, including field, Region, Division and Corporate personnel
- Technical skill set
-SQL is required. Hands on experience with Hive, data loading tools like Sqoop, Gobblin is required.
-Proven understanding with hadoop, HBase, Hive, Pig and Hbase.
-Hands on Experience on Hortonworks is required. Cloudera is a plus.
-Good understanding of different RDBMS and Database concepts, Streaming data, Data flow processes is required.
-Good knowledge of database structures, theories, principles, and practices.
-Analytical and Problem solving skills, applied to Big data domain is required.
-Knowledge or prior experience of data ingestion between Big data and other RDBMS platforms is a plus.
-Ability to write Hadoop Map Reduce (java code) is a plus
-Knowledge in back-end programming, specifically java, JS, Node.js and OOAD is a plus.
-AWS, Databricks – a big plus
-Teradata – a plus
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer