Comcast Sr Analyst, Competitive Planning & Strategy in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Who We Are:
At Comcast, we are innovators and leaders, shaping the future at the intersection of media technology. We invent groundbreaking technology, create extraordinary entertainment experiences for millions every day, and take great care of our customers, their families and guests. The diverse talents of our people have propelled us to a Fortune 40 industry leader. And it's an exciting time to join our team. We are looking for people that share our passion for innovation and our customers those who are ready to make big things happen and to connect our customers to exciting products, services and to the moments that matter most in their lives.
We are committed to delivering amazing products and a customer experience that people love and trust. We lead with game-changing technology, and in every interaction, are focused on respecting our customers' time and fitting seamlessly into their lives. Our teammates go the extra mile to make sure our customers are satisfied and can't imagine going anywhere else.
Driving Innovation to Deliver Awesome:
As a leader of connected experiences, Xfinity Services is re-envisioning the way our 29 million residential customers are connecting to the products they love the most. We leverage our expertise to create unparalleled products and services that fuel discovery for everyday enjoyment. From the award-winning Xfinity Voice Remote to the Xfinity X1 video platform, the Xfinity Services organization works to drive the strategy, development, and deployment of our next generation suite of products for our home, internet, TV, and voice businesses.
The Sr Analyst is the lead for competitive business intelligence data owned and shared by the BAC business unit. In this role, the Sr Analyst is responsible for executing on business intelligence data requirements; interfacing and managing competitive intelligence vendors; and project managing data reporting platforms.
The analyst will assist with the daily operation of the competitive team which includes (but is not limited to), communicating with business partners, investigating data integrity, and producing/disseminating (daily, weekly and monthly) reports using BI tools such as Tableau, Excel, etc for decision making.
- Manage and audits databases used to identify trends of varying complexities and provide competitive insight.
- Support analysis to determine results, recommendations, and insights to broader senior leadership team.
- Provide recommendations on improvements to competitive business intelligence data sources.
- Provide training to and act as technical resource for team members.
- Work independently on multiple projects and interface with all levels and functions of an organization.
- Develop and maintain relationships with internal and external parties, including various third-party vendors.
- Develop scalable processes to support and benefit the competitive data architecture vision as it relates to various reporting platforms.
- Train others throughout the organization in using the business intelligence sources owned by the competitive strategy team.
- Document all key related data sets, queries, and analysis with an emphasis on ensuring parity across the organization in how the data is used.
- Support the analysis and reconciliation of data and reporting projects, executing audits of customer metrics and research issues as necessary.
- Manage development of advanced Tableau dashboards, maintain data/dashboard escalation prioritization process, including creating, implementing and distributing escalation reports.
- Write complex SQL to query large data platforms to obtain data necessary for analysis.
- Provide historical reporting and analysis on customer activity.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Develop working knowledge of existing reports; maintain/administer current reporting processes as needed.
- Self-starter with demonstrated ability to work independently and take on increasing levels of responsibility.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Some travel required (10%).
- Proficient in Database-Data Warehouse,Analytics,Dashboards & Reporting.
- High-level of proficiency in the advanced features of Microsoft Excel & PowerPoint.
- Experience with Hyperion Essbase, SmartView, Teradata and Oracle a plus.
- Hands-on experience with database and reporting tools.
- Project Management Experience.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
- Requires 3-5 years related experience, 5-7 years experience with reporting & analysis preferred.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer