Comcast Software Engineer & Test (SDET), Digital Home in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Comcast Xfinity Home is seeking a Software & Test Engineer to join our mobile engineering team. This group is responsible for ensuring the timely development, testing, and release of the Xfinity Home Security & Automation mobile apps with a high degree of quality that exceeds customer expectations. The Xfinity Home mobile apps integrate with APIs, the Xfinity Home Hub, and numerous home security and automation products like thermostats, light bulbs, door locks, cameras, and sensors.
In this role you will collaborate with other developers, designers, testers, business managers to develop automated functional and performance tests for the Xfinity Home mobile client applications. You will configure, install and use the Xfinity Home Security & Automation equipment on a daily basis to ensure you have the requisite domain knowledge to design test cases. The primary responsibilities include manual testing as well as developing native mobile integration tests that utilize automated test frameworks such as Espresso and XCUI to test iOS and Android applications. You will also be responsible for collaborating with mobile engineers to enforce coding quality standards and increase test coverage across all platforms.
This is an opportunity to immerse yourself into the challenges of IoT and collaborate across many teams at Comcast. The ideal candidate will have experience with iOS, Android, Espresso, XCUI UI Testing, and Appium. Experienced test engineers that are interested in increasing their mobile development experience or IoT skills would find this opportunity particularly valuable.
- Experience generating test cases based on functional requirements
- 4 years experience developing scripts, programs and/or applications in Java, Swift, or ObjC
- Some experience developing and/or testing in several of: Espresso, XCUI, Appium, iOS applications, Android applications
- Fundamental understanding of the HTTP protocol and caching
- Excellent communication, collaboration, reporting, analytical and problem solving skills
- B.S in computer science or equivalent
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED SKILLS:
- Strong knowledge of QA methodology and tools, with demonstrated experience in an test engineer role
- Experience with automating workflows for software development builds and deployments
- Ability to effectively communicate technical challenges and solutions
- Ability to solve ambiguous/undefined problems
- Knowledge of source control systems (Git)
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration and Deployment tools (Jenkins)
- Experience influencing software engineering best practices within your team
- Experience with Agile/Scrum
- DevOps experience
Xfinity Home Engineers are passionate about teamwork, developing our skills, and creating awesome experiences for customers. We are fortunate to do what we love, every day. Join us!
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer