Comcast Software Development Manager, RDK Analytics in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Comcast is looking for a very hands-on Development Manager to manage the team responsible for development of the RDK Analytics/Telemetry data store and platform as well as the RDK Analytics dashboards and reports. These dashboards and reports are used by multiple teams across Comcast's TPX organization and are critical to the lab testing as well as field trials, deployment, release and support of RDK features and devices for the Xfinity X1 Platform, including but not limited to video and broadband platforms.
As the Manager of the team, you will be responsible for development of the Analytics Platform and setting policy for usage and future direction. You will be the lead of a fast-paced team that comprises subject matter experts, and will be a primary point of contact when issues need urgent attention. You will be responsible for interfacing with many peripheral teams, including partners outside of Comcast, to ensure that products and services are deployed in a timely manner, and at a level of quality that maximizes service integrity and minimizes the risk of down-time. Good communication skills are essential.
- Management of the team responsible for development of Analytics Platform as well as Analytics Dashboards and Reports. This involves dealing with collection of TBs of metrics/real time data that needs to be persisted, stored and analyzed.
- Monitoring and Administration of cloud-based infrastructure and services.
- Deployment of web applications and services.
- Configuring Linux/Unix systems, including performance tuning and system administration.
- 10 years' experience in application development management using Java based technologies
- Experience in shell scripting using Python, Perl
- Experience with the deployment and performance tuning of web applications as well as deploying and managing web servers (Tomcat, Apache)
- Demonstrated experience with SQL based databases (MySQL, AWS Redshift/RDS and Oracle etc.), AWS S3
- Demonstrated experience with ETL jobs using Apache Spark and other technologies.
- Experience with multiple Big Data Technology platforms like Hadoop, HDFS, Splunk, Elastic Search, and Hive etc.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Experience with Open stack and/or Amazon Cloud services
- Extensive Linux (Ubuntu preferred) experience
- Advanced knowledge of configuring Linux/Unix systems, including performance tuning and system administration
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer