Comcast Senior Test Engineer in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Join the Comcast Xfinity mobile team! We’re a small team with a big mission to provide a value added wireless service to Xfinity customers. We’re currently looking for a Senior Engineer, XM Testing. You’ll be a part of the delivery team that owns critical quality control operations, working on technology initiatives that push the boundaries of customer experience and interaction.
In this role, you will collaborate with cross-functional teams (management, web, mobile and API developers, UX designers, test engineers, operations engineers, product and business managers) to develop robust risk-based testing strategies as well as test features related to Xfinity mobile applications. You must be a strong technical leader, an independent, critical and analytic thinker, have excellent communication skills and rapidly adapt to changing business and customer demands.
- Lead the test planning activities-Develop and manage Dev Ops & End to End risk-based testing strategies to test/ release software into production to help support an aggressive/agile business delivery model with minimal risks.
- Work closely with the Intake/ Business Analysts to groom user stories thoroughly and define clear test entrance and exit criteria prior to development cycles.
- Shift Left-Produce business use cases to Development resources and analysts prior to the start of development sprints to ensure sufficient coverage and avoid defects.
- Manage test data delivery across a cross functional team – Bas, Design, Development, Testing, Product.
- Perform Gap Analysis: Review Business requirements and ensure they directly translate to technical requirements and solutions developed by the Engineering team.
- Create, review, execute, document and manage test strategies, test plans, re-usable test scenarios across both In-Sprint (DevOps) and End to End Integration Testing
- Coordinate defect management and triage functions, work cross-functionally to resolve issues and escalate to leadership as necessary.
- Responsible for the preparation of test environments and test data.
- Provide regular communication of project status and issues requiring escalation.
- Spear-head and manage Production releases and offer In-window testing support for both planned and unplanned releases (outages)
- Assist in providing guidance and mentorship for junior testers. Provide technical leadership and consultation with regards to quality practices, procedures and techniques.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering or a related technical discipline.
- 5 years of relevant technology experience.
Preferred Qualifications :
- Wireless Testing experience
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple, competing deliverables in a fast paced agile environment.
- Exceptional Customer relationship skills including the ability to detect and solve complex business problems.
- Experience with Jira, Jmeter, Postman and similar technologies preferred.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer