Comcast Senior Software Engineer in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Senior Software Engineer
Comcast's Technology & Product organization works at the intersection of media and technology. Our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products that transform the customer experience. From creating mobile apps that allow you to watch live TV to new features such as Voice Search on the X1 platform, we work every day to make a positive impact through innovation in the pursuit of building amazing products that are enjoyable, easy to use and accessible across all platforms.
For this position, you will be joining a team that is actively working on massively scaled distributed systems that are at the core of the X1 platform. Our series of applications serve close to a billion transactions daily and must maintain high levels of uptime in order to deliver a satisfactory customer experience.
Your daily responsibilities will include collaborating with the team to build new services, maintaining and adding features to existing ones, and ensuring that all services are resilient and with low latency.
- Writing tested, production-ready application code
- Writing appropriate levels of documentation
- Participating in joint design and architecture sessions
- Building effective deployment and monitoring systems
- Operating and supporting production environments
- Performing code reviews
- Participating in software release and deployment activities
- Coordinating constructively with other team members
- 5 years of relevant work experience, including shipping production code
- Extensive programming experience in Java
- UNIX/Linux background: command line utilities and scripting
- Experience with developing distributed systems and asynchronous messaging
- Experience working with NoSQL databases (e.g., Cassandra and Couchbase)
- Experience with cloud technologies such as AWS and Kubernetes
- Familiarity of Infrastructure Automation tolls (e.g., Packer, Terraform, and Ansible)
- Firm understanding of internet protocols, including TCP / HTTP
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical experience
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- We're interested in attracting a diverse set of candidates for this position-If you're not sure if you qualify, please err on the side of applying
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Engineering, Computer Science
- Generally requires 7-11 years related experience
Military Experience Valued.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer