Comcast Senior Manager, Telesales in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
The Telesales Senior Manager is responsible for managing the Strategic Telesales activity of vendors, primarily outbound, but also outsourced inbound sales along with strong collaboration and partnership with our internal Outbound Call Centers. The Senior Manager must develop and maintain a strategic partnership with the outsourcers and internal points of contacts to reach and exceed sales and service level goals. The candidate should have telesales and/or call center experience, must be a relationship-builder, and must possess strong interpersonal communication skills. The candidate should also possess strong knowledge of outbound and inbound sales and operations.
Employees at all levels are expect to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how
you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities
- Assist the Executive Director of the channel to manage the Telesales channel
- Be on-site at call centers at least 50% of time, including call monitoring, team meetings, sales incentive execution, and workforce / workflow management while communicating regularly with sales floor.
- Maintain ongoing communication with internal Telesales teams to facilitate best practice sharing and goal alignment.
- Roll out and sustain our sales effectiveness program: TelePro which includes behavior development and tracking, to include refinement and development of sales skills.
- Responsible for the strategic sustainment of Net Promoter System.
- Work with Business Units to set sales goals and metrics. Be able present the goals and ROI to Senior Leadership and be the subject matter expert from a sales channel perspective.
- Work with Comcast Divisional Telesales POC's on overall Channel Performance. Confidence to present to Senior Leadership.
- Coordinate training of existing and new staff on all our product offerings/packaging.
- Oversee the management of all billing-system vendor / internal connectivity and agent log-in requests.
- Partner with inbound sales to oversee quality monitoring for Sales Quality Excellence. Working with staff to reward success and take corrective actions, as appropriate.
- Manage and communicate any market-specific rules and escalations, maintaining regional/divisional contacts.
- Work with Comcast Marketing to coordinate campaign operations, including developing a seamless flow of communication so the front line is aware and trained on Direct Marketing Activities. From time to time this may include specific inbound direct marketing phone numbers, to ensure proper execution at vendor.
- Ensures staff is properly trained on products and services (through formal training and one-on-one coaching/ mentoring) by focusing on the sales process to ensure maximum lead generation and high closure rates for new business. Previous Direct Report Experience a plus.
- Assist with Compliance Related activities related to the outbound sales channel
- Willingness to participate and engage with the PACE organization, which is an organization with its mission being routed in Call Center Operations and Compliance
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Drive outbound and inbound sales results across all in-house and outsourced channels, through training, compensation, tools, etc.
- Focus on strategic vendor relationship across their entire portfolio of Comcast activity
- Focus on NPS, Telepro Customer Approval and Sales Quality Excellence consistency and reinforcement.
- Share best practices, product knowledge, and coaching methods with sales leaders and agents
- Measure program performance provide regular reviews with regional, division and corporate leadership
- Bachelor's Degree, ideally in Business or Marketing
- Generally requires 8-11 years related experience
- 5 years Sales or Sales Operations leadership experience with demonstrated track record in elevating sales organizations
- Entertainment, Telecommunications, and/or Consumer Electronics experience a plus
- Strong knowledge of the multiple levers that drive performance improvements and sales effectiveness
- Able to collaborate and create buy-in throughout sales organization and key support functions
- Experience in identifying and implementing sales education and training including TelePro and ProCoach
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing, dynamic and fast paced environment
- Philadelphia-based position
- Up to 50% travel including near shore
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer