Comcast Senior Manager, Technical Security in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
This position will be responsible for the oversight and management of physical and technical security requirements associated with the design, installation, and maintenance activities of physical access control systems (PACS) and video management platforms. This position regularly directs the work of technical security personnel (i.e., engineers, security technicians) assigned to complete various Comcast facility projects with internal and external stakeholders. The ideal candidate must be able to direct and manage all repairs, installations, and programming of such systems in a timely manner and occasionally under significant time constraints. Additionally, the candidate must be able to coordinate and plan simple to complex facility buildouts, cutovers, and retrofits. The position will be responsible for working independently on projects in accordance to the directions of his or her manager and ensuring the use of appropriate resources to achieve financial and business objectives. The incumbent is able to
work across multiple technical security disciplines within Comcast, research and benchmark industry trends, and provide guidance to senior management regarding emerging security technologies.
In addition, the position will be responsible for setting the strategic vision for the protection and security of the employees and company through the implementation of best in class security practices. The position will direct and manage investigations, surveillance, documentation, reporting, and resolution steps. The position will provide leadership and direction for multiple functional areas. Manages professionals at manager, supervisor, and professional levels. Ensures appropriate resources to achieve financial and business objectives. Influences, shapes, and integrates strategy for functional area(s).
- Executes individually or assists in managing Comcast technicians and/or contractors in the installation of new and legacy intrusion detection, access control, intercom, gate, barrier, turnstile, CCTV and data network systems. On-site work will include installation and configuration of head-end computer systems, installation, termination, and calibration of field devices and sensors.
- Provides leadership direction to security staff and consults with senior management to ensure the safety of all employees.
- Responsible for hiring decisions and the career development of direct reports, including training, coaching, counseling and mentoring.
- Adept in the installation and servicing of: Quantum SAFE, AMAG, Software House, Lenel, Genetec, American Dynamics, Salient, various intercom and turnstile manufactures or similar systems.
- Develops and implements policies, procedures, standards, training and methods for identifying and protecting information, personnel, property, facilities, operations or material from unauthorized disclosure, misuse, theft, assault, vandalism, tampering.
- Must be able to manage third-party services and integrators.
- Assesses new property and designs all Comcast security systems to be installed.
- Independently coordinate projects, communicate changes and progress, and complete projects on time and within budget
- Completes job status reports, service tickets, travel expense reports, time sheet, safety logs, assist with as-built drawings, and other documentation as required.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret engineering and construction drawings and specifications, common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and other documents.
- Must have knowledge of electronics, electrical systems, computer programming, as well as site management and installation experience.
- Manage backend PACS configurations of card readers, reader groups, and access codes.
- Manage alarm configurations and interoperability between the PACS and video management platform.
- Manage configurations of PACS workflows, access levels, and access zones.
- Must have good analytical and electronic troubleshooting skills and be proficient in the use of digital multi meters and cabling testing equipment.
- Must be able to identify, analyze, and resolve problems in a timely manner; or develop short-term, viable solutions to avert access control and other security crises.
- Conduct consistent research to ensure the best in class security technology is utilized; and develop a lifecycle management plan of all physical security systems.
- Contributes to the operation and management of the department in areas such as recruiting, staffing, scheduling, budgeting, training, etc.
- Participates in the planning, development, and coordination of investigations relating to criminal or other acts which have or may have detrimental effect on the company. Prepares and documents investigations for HR, legal counsel or law enforcement agencies.
- Manage all associated administrative and financial aspects of projects with internal resources, as well as with external vendors. This includes being timely and efficient with contract reviews, invoice processing and payment, etc.
- Researches and implements best in class security practices. Sets the vision and direction for the development of department budgets and forecasts.
- Participates and contributes as a multi-functional member of Comcast facility teams during the real estate acquisition process.
- Develops and maintains a professional working relationship with various law enforcement agencies.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written English technical language, both in interpreting requirements and providing reports.
- Ability to travel upon request (< 30%).
- Works flexible hours and is available on call 24/7 as situations warrant.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent, and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Bachelors Degree or equivalent
Field of Study:
Quantam SAFE, Genetec, AMAG (preferable)
Years of Experience:
Minimum of 7-10 years related experience
Comcast is an EEO/AA/Drug Free Workplace.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer