Comcast Senior Manager, Finance in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Responsible for providing financial and operational analysis to leadership in support of business unit decision-making, looking for risks and opportunities. This role will be involved in monthly forecasting and month-end close, annual budgeting and long-range planning. Typically collaborates with teams of professionals in finance and across HQ functional departments.
- Partners with leadership to support business planning and operational processes throughout the year. Ensures operational plans are consistent with business objectives.
- Develops financial and operational objectives. Analyzes financial and operational reports and communicates findings and risks; makes suggestions to improve processes.
- Facilitates Finance professionals' ability to support business unit management and other departments with informational requests and special projects.
- Possesses understanding of Company policies and procedures and continually implements and reviews policies and procedures for consistency.
- Trains, supervises, and develops Finance staff. Manages the daily activities of the Finance team and makes suggestions to leadership for work performance improvement.
- Makes strategy and operations decisions on the ground floor that directly impact business.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education Level - Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
Field of Study - Accounting, Finance or related field
Years Experience - Generally requires 8-11 years related experience
- Demonstrated ability to quickly understand complex businesses, including financial and operational aspects.
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, results-oriented work environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; able to work in a team environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and Powerpoint; experience with Hyperion Essbase, Smartview, and OBIEE preferred.
- Forecasting and budgeting experience preferred.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer