Comcast Senior Eng, Billing Tech Ops in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Responsible for triaging technical operational issues, providing technical solutions to operational problems, working with development teams in implementation of the bug fixes, and contributing to new products implementation, implementing existing products and services . Acts in compliance with industry and Company technical requirements, standards, policies, and procedures. Provides technical leadership to junior Engineers. Integrates knowledge of business and functional priorities. Acts as a key contributor in a complex and multi-technology environment.
Does not have any direct supervisory responsibilities. May direct workflow and act as a technical lead. May lead teams or projects and shares expertise.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities
- Accountable for triaging and identifying root cause of technology defects in systems and applications/service layer APIs supporting mobile services across highly complex ecosystems cutting across multiple technologies, groups, vendors and systems.
- Responsible for identifying technical solutions for work around and bug fix to resolve customer impacting issues.
- Accountable for providing technical assessment of service layer APIs to ensure end-to-end reliability of services; and identification of potential points of failure.
- Lead technical bridges to conduct root cause analysis on critical/major system events, identify work around to restore service.
- Proactively identify gaps in the designed service layer across OSS, BSS and telecom systems, web portal and mobile apps. Institute preventative actions to eliminate future incidents.
- Collaborate with test engineers, lead developers and solution architects and take initiative to advance the quality, performance and scalability of our applications by influencing the architecture and design of our products with operability' in mind
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Must be able to be on Call on nights and weekends
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Years of Experience:
- Generally requires 4-7 years related experience
- Must have 2 years' experience as Tier 2 in triaging/trouble shooting of mobile services issues
- Requires detailed understanding of complex interdependent OSS, BSS, SMS and visual voicemail systems.
- Experience with testing of mobile apps
- Good scripting skills in one or more of Python, Ruby, Go, C or Java/Scala
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Computer Science
Field of Study
Engineering, Computer Science
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer