Comcast Senior Director, Network Virtualization in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast's Technology & Product organization works at the intersection of media and technology. Our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products that transform the customer experience. From creating apps like TVGo to new features such as the Talking Guide on the X1 platform, we work every day to make a positive impact through innovation in the pursuit of building amazing products that are enjoyable, easy to use and accessible across all platforms. The team also develops and supports our evolving network architecture, including next-generation consumer systems and technologies, infrastructure and engineering, network integration and management tools, and technical standards.
Director, Access Virtualization
The Technology & Product team develops and executes the company's technology strategy and evolving network architecture, including creating and supporting launches of next-generation access systems and technologies, network integration, infrastructure migration planning, and technical standards. We are making major access technology investments, and moving our network forward faster than ever before.
- Lead, define, and set the direction for network architecture definition as we pursue critical network infrastructure transformation to design, develop, and deploy emerging technologies in Network Function Virtualization and Software Defined Networking and migrate to all-IP delivery of services
- Development and documentation of hardware and software architecture requirements, and user stories. Align organization to develop appropriate scrum teams and define monthly sprints.
- Work with selected external organizations (ONF, ONL, etc) and industry initiatives as fitting with architecture strategy. Stay abreast of collaborative industry communities to enable leveraging of the strongest ecosystems in keeping with the interests of Comcast
- Development of a robust agile integration and test environment, in conjunction with internal test organizations and partnering suppliers as needed
- Collaborate with adjacent organizations (Engineering Platform Services, Business Units, Division Program Offices, Technical Operations) to transition the network, operations, and practices, introduce into the field, and bring virtualized solutions to market scale.
- Report on project's progress and/or Comcast virtualization strategy as required by NGAN SLT and at various internal and external events.
- Work with team and management to create annual project budget requirements. Manage within budgetary objectives, monitoring and controlling costs within functional area.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent, Master's Degree Preferred
- Significant development and leadership background in agile software development.\
- Expertise in emerging NFV and SDN architectures, technologies, platforms, integration, and transformation of legacy systems
- Track record of project execution results
- Networking and access technology background for Cable and FTTH networks is a plus.
- 15 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer