Comcast Senior Accountant in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
As a member of the Corporate Accounting and Reporting team, this role will be responsible for the accounting and analysis related to the active and retiree Health & Welfare Plans. Responsibilities include preparation of monthly liability reserve analysis, quarterly financial statement analysis, journal entries and various account reconciliations.
- Perform accounting and analysis for the Comcast Health and Welfare Plans (including NBCUniversal and Comcast Spectacor).
- Ensure accurate and timely funding for claims and administrative costs related to Comcast benefit plans.
- Prepare reconciliation and reporting packages for internal management.
- Support quarterly forecasting process as well as annual budget and Long Rang Plan development.
-Responsible for reconciliation of various Intercompany accounts.
- Assist with the audits and preparation of annual Financial Statements for 401k Plans
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Enters monthly journal entries to properly record accounting transactions, ensuring that journal entries have proper backup to substantiate the entry.
- Ensures that balance sheets are accurately stated and reconciled to the general ledger.
- Researches variances, determines root causes, and makes recommendations for adjustments
- Reviews financial statements for operating trends and results, researching variances to forecast and budget prior month and prior year.
- Prepares financial reports, analyzing data for management review.
- Researches ways of streamlining and standardizing processes to support the Accounting function.
- Researches complex accounting data in order to comply with new accounting policy implementation.
- Researches and develops automated Oracle routines such as mass allocations and reoccurring journal entries
- Researches contracts and regulations to determine proper calculations of payments to regulatory authorities.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Strong PC skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word)
- Strong communications, organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to work on multiple concurrent projects, prioritize tasks, meet deadlines and work independently
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills
Education Level :-Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
Field of Study: - Accounting, Finance
Years of Experience: -Generally requires 5-7 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer