Comcast Senior Accountant, Technical Accounting in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
A successful candidate will be able to manage multiple priorities and proactively identify potential issues or risks in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. The candidate will be responsible for assisting the Supervisor of Technical Accounting and other members of the Accounting department with the review and update of accounting policies and business process activities associated with the Cable HQ division, technical accounting research, and implementation of new accounting pronouncements and guidance. The role requires in-depth experience, knowledge, and skills in accounting.
- Assist the Technical Accounting team with maintenance and documentation of Cable HQ division accounting policies, bulletins, white papers, and memorandums. Includes identification and documentation of policy updates and recommendations.
- Assist with technical accounting research to provide guidance to key stakeholders in the Cable HQ division and the field. Includes assisting with research of codification guidance, documentation of positions on accounting issues, and dissemination of guidance on new pronouncements.
- Assist with the review and documentation of significant transactions, contracts, and new business initiatives within the Cable HQ division and recommend the accounting treatment.
- Assist with selected annual assessments for the Cable HQ division, including performing the analysis and documenting conclusions in a memorandum.
- Assist with projects focusing on process improvement and standardization, includes suggesting potential risk areas and recommending improvements.
- Assist in reviews of contracts, contingencies and maintaining compliance of assigned control procedures.
- Assist the Technical Accounting Team with the preparation and presentation of selected trainings offered to the various accounting and finance teams with matters involving technical accounting guidance or the application of new accounting standards.
- Track and analyze key financial metrics and operational procedures to foster process improvements. Drive operational efficiencies and cost savings.
- Participate in the development and utilization of financial models and analysis. Prepare budgets and forecasts as directed by Manager.
- Evaluate financial risks and opportunities by creating and reviewing operational and financial metrics
- Assist with the preparation of weekly, monthly, and annual financial reports.
- Research variance to budget and forecast through detailed operational and financial metrics and explain results.
- Review journal entries during month and year-end processes
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- 2-4 years of experience in public accounting, or related industry experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication, organizational and analytical skills required.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects and deadlines
Education Level : Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent
Field of Study: Accounting, Finance
Certifications: CPA Certification Preferred
Years of Experience: Generally requires 5-7 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer