Comcast Senior Accountant, Financial Reporting in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Responsible for preparing the consolidated financial statements for the Company. Prepares and maintains work papers and other analyses to support overall trends in the businesses and other significant transactions. Assists with the internal and external audit process as needed. Has in-depth experience, knowledge and skills in own discipline.
- Ensures that balance sheets are accurately stated and reconciled to the general ledger. Researches variances, determines root causes, and makes recommendations for adjustments.
- Reviews financial statements for operating trends and results.
- Prepares consolidated financial statements, analyzing data for management review.
- Researches complex accounting data in order to comply with new accounting policy implementation.
- Researches ways of streamlining and standardizing processes to support the Company's overall Accounting function.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education Level- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
Field of Study - Accounting, Finance
Certifications- CPA a plus
- Minimum of 3 years related experience
- Generally requires 5-7 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer