Comcast Sales Planning Specialist in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast Spotlight, the advertising sales division of Comcast Cable, helps put the power of cable to use for local, regional and national advertisers. It is focused on providing multi-platform marketing solutions to reach audiences most effectively and efficiently. Headquartered in New York with offices throughout the country, Comcast Spotlight has a presence in nearly 80 markets with approximately 35 million owned and represented subscribers.
Comcast Spotlight offers clients easy-to-buy, easy-to-execute options customized around their business goals. We work with clients to provide them with customized, multi-screen media marketing solutions that utilize our suite of products in the way that's best suited to meet their objectives. Our media solutions provide advertisers with the ability to reach, engage and connect with their customers viewing content on any device or screen.
Responsible for developing and modifying sales plans, and related media packages. Develops media schedules based on client RFPs and sales direction. Supports Enterprise Pricing & Planning team, as well as Sales & Account Manager(s) by pricing and building campaigns to internal guardrails, assisting with the internal negotiation process as well as guiding sales through the close of deals.
- Facilitates the selling of advertising by providing plans that meet the needs of assigned client and sales force by targeting and appealing to important clients, industries, and market segments.
- Conducts research and analysis to determine best advertising inventory; customizes and recommends sales plans for targeted audiences/clients.
- Develops standard proposals. Develops materials to help account executives implement sales campaigns and to close sales.
- Coordinates necessary materials and tracks inventory of materials. Tracks transactions and ensure preparation of reports regarding information such as sales results or online data such as number of clicks.
- Gathers and summarizes marketplace intelligence relative to sales and programming. Generates, tracks, and distributes sales reports.
- Works with Account Managers to exchange plan proposals and revisions.
- Creates proposals across different media platforms, such as Linear, Linear Addressable, Dynamic Ad Insertion (VOD), Online Video/Pre-Roll, banner web advertising as well as banner advertising on Native and X1.
- Reviews inventory for various platforms to ensure media plans will clear as planned and accounts for oversell situations.
- Provides recommendations for make goods; negotiates with Account Executives and client.
- Advises and acts upon pre-empt notices, overall reports, and other related inventory information.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent
- Communications / Public Relations / Marketing / Media
- Generally requires 2-5 years related experience in media/planning buying industry
- Knowledge of media terminology such as GRPs, Impressions, Ratings, CPM's, CPP's a plus
- Knowledge of media planning/buying software such as STRATA View 32/Operative/Freewheel preferred
Employees at All Levels Are Expect To
Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
Drive results and growth.
Respect and promote inclusion and diversity.
Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer