Comcast Project Manager 3 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
As a Project Manager within the Business Services Planning & Implementation team you will be responsible to support new product initiatives requiring implementation planning and tracking. You will be responsible to ensure integration with key business processes and owners in a cross functional environment.. Focused on end to end solution, the end to end solution could range from traditional software development, hardware certification to business process implementation. Operational Readiness is a critical component, the Program Manager is not directly responsible for the team completing, but will need to manage objectives and scope creep very tightly. This role requires a dynamic Program Manager with excellent matrixed management abilities, Process Improvement expertise, and Vendor Management experience, as well as knowledge and experience in the IT Automation, deployment, operations and IT Management areas.
Work with assigned product, engineering and operations teams to define and document product implementation roadmaps & requirements, theme deliverables and feature timelines, ensuring clear understanding of program scope as defined by the business requirement and budget process
Responsible for applying risk management to delivery timelines through timely evaluation of priorities and dependencies, monitoring of progress and ensuring resource alignment
Ensure all executive sponsors and stakeholders receive timely communication regarding progress of assigned initiatives.
Facilitate effective high-level product requirements gathering and discovery activities with internal customers, when necessary.
Develop project plans, facilitate project related meetings, create action registers, track tasks and milestones across all parties, including vendors.
Facilitate decisions and action items across Comcast and vendor teams, track issue resolution; and manage project change management
Identify and manage critical path and risk areas, and facilitate the creation of risk response and mitigation plans and escalate issues as required to unblock open issues
Work with other technical delivery managers to track and manage inter-project dependencies; prepare regular program updates
Work with stakeholders and management to set and manage budgetary objectives
Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance, and when to engage senior management
- Provides research and assistance to leadership in the development and design of new projects.
- Uses formal processes and tools to manage resources, budgets, risks, and changes.
- Manages project status and information in the form of formal briefings, project update meetings, and written, electronic, and graphic reports.
- Develops, maintains, and manages detailed project plans, action item registers, and major milestone timelines for all assigned projects. Provides overall prioritization and director of work assignments, team resources, etc. Monitor and creates project deliverables.
- Coordinates with other work streams, projects, and initiatives which may impact successful completion of project.
- Manages all assigned projects to completion ensuring on-time delivery, meeting of budgetary demands, and maintaining overall project ownership.
- Acts as a single point of contact for project status. Maintains communication with stakeholders.
- Facilitates project meetings.
- Addresses problems through risk management and contingency planning and presents solutions and/or options to executive management. Ensures effective implementation of solutions/changes.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
7 years dynamic Program/Project Management (managing Project Managers, projects, work streams, etc.) Professionally mature, strategic, and forward thinking, with a vision on how to organize work, teams, and as well as the ability to provide hands-on Project/Program Management.
Must have strong experience managing matrix partners-at same level and one level above-"driving progress without authority", establishing partnerships to be effective.
Experience with a Cable MSO environment, IP networking environment, wireless environment and network technology is desired.
Experience or awareness of Business Process Re-engineering/Process Improvement work-understanding of end to end process improvement efforts. Understands how a business process works in the real world (releases, outages, processing delays, etc.).
Experience with Technical Operations-understanding of how business runs, operates, and plans.Experience with Vendor Engagements-Vendor resources leading work.
Ability to learn something quickly, and ask questions in a logical manner to build on knowledge.
Proficiency in MS-Project and Microsoft Office Suite.
Six Sigma, Continuous Process Improvement, DMAIC highly desired.
PMP Certification very nice to have.
Bachelors Degree or Equivalent Project management experience- Computer Science or related field.
Generally requires at least 7 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer