Comcast Product Planning Manager MBA Intern in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
The Comcast MBA Internship Program is an 11-week summer internship program designed to identify high-caliber talent to build our organization with the best and the brightest students. In this program you will immerse yourself into the Comcast culture, working side by side with innovative and talented Comcasters. You will cultivate meaningful relationships and develop strong interpersonal and business skills that will set you apart from your peers.
Additionally, your experience will include:
- Exposure: An inside look into the day-to-day operations of an organization at the cutting edge of media and technology.
- Professional Development: Exposure to a variety of professional development topics facilitated through our University Relations team and with senior leaders within the organization. These sessions include speaker series and networking opportunities.
- Mentorship: Mentoring from fellow colleagues through the Empowering Future Leaders Program (EFLP) to help you navigate your experience, provide coaching, and expand your professional network.
- Fun: Continuously develop relationships with fellow interns through social activities, community building, and networking.
The Product Planning team provides strategic, quantitative insights and recommendations for all Consumer Services business units at Comcast including the Video, Internet, Voice and Home Security business units. We look closely at the Video (Cable and Streaming offerings), Broadband, Mobile, Home Security and Home Automation market place (services, competitors, technologies, consumer trends, etc.) to produce analysis and insights that help establish product development priorities and national pricing/packaging strategies.
The Intern will support the Product Planning team on core new product development, packaging and pricing research initiatives. As a function of this role, Interns will be involved in: market place analysis, consumer analytics, technology forecasting, business model profiling, competitive benchmarking and new product launch planning.
This is a dynamic role that provides participants with significant cross functional and senior leadership exposure across all Comcast business units. Interns will contribute to the launch of new consumer products and services at Comcast. Interns from this program have been successful in finding full time roles in marketing, consumer analytics, strategy consulting and other fields.
- Currently pursuing a full-time MBA with intended graduation between December 2018-May 2019
- 5 years of relevant work experience in a dynamic environment (e.g. entrepreneur, consulting, military, etc.). Preferred experience with quantitative analysis and strategic reasoning. Familiarity with database analyses is a plus, but not required.
- Must have excellent time management, organizational and communication skills
- Self-starter with ability to drive projects independently. Willingness to learn and work in fast-paced environment.
- Must be a creative problem solver with the ability to work well on a team.
- Interest or experience in telecommunications, cable, media and technology industries
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident required
- Comcast is an Affirmative Action/EEO employer M/F/D/V
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer