Comcast Product Manager- Salesforce.com in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
The National Sales Operations team supports thousands of sales representatives in all Comcast markets working within the Direct, Indirect, Call Center, and Retail sales channels that rely on tools built on the Salesforce platform. Comcast first started using Salesforce over 5 years ago and is continually adding and enhancing a multitude of features that involve custom configurations and Apex programming that is implemented by a dedicated Agile development team. Capabilities are built to support a Lightning UI desktop experience, Salesforce mobile along with integrations with Einstein Analytics reporting and other third-party platforms and systems. You will be joining an established group of product owners, developers, quality testers, data operations, deployment manager, communications, training and operations support.
The Product Owner develops and maintains the vision of their assigned tools and is ultimately responsible for ensuring requested new and enhanced features meet requirements that yield a measurable return on investment (ROI) and are consistent with the sales channel and National Sales Operations priorities and strategy. They work in close collaboration with business stakeholders and an Agile team throughout the development lifecycle from defining requirements to the acceptance of deliverables. The Product Owner also assists with deployment and change management to ensure deliverables are fully operational in production.
Employees at all levels are expect to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
- Gain a thorough understanding of owned applications and features including UI, data, business logic and system integrations.
- Establish and apply evaluation criteria used to vet and prioritize all business requests that is rooted in providing a measurable return on investment.
- Collaborate with business stakeholders to maintain a backlog of feature requests and maintain a product roadmap for the next 12 months.
- Maintain a thorough awareness of the use cases supported by owned applications and how users interact with it. Utilize multiple feedback mechanisms to understand user behavior including field visits, incident data, social interaction and analytics.
- Attend all Agile ceremonies (grooming, planning, daily stand-ups, retrospectives, etc.) and be readily available to development team and business stakeholders through the SDLC.
- Prioritize the backlog and ensure there are refined stories to keep the development team fully utilized for the next 2 sprints (one month).
- Collaborate with developers and testers to ensure that acceptance criteria is fully understood and adequately tested.
- Accept all user stories completed by the development team before they become a release candidate.
- Ensure there is adequate documentation to support deployments/releases and operational processes user guides, training and communication.
- Provide weekly status reports summarizing accomplishments, challenges / issues and future work plans.
- Directly contribute to NSO initiatives to improve operational processes and quality, speed and value of nationalized capabilities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BA/BS or Associate degree in Business or related studies.
- Salesforce Admin certification.
- Minimum 4 years defining requirements for Salesforce applications.
- Minimum 4 years on an Agile team writing user stories.
- Proficiency in documenting use cases, BRDs, web application / Salesforce requirements and product roadmaps.
- Advanced proficiency with use of Microsoft Office applications including, Word, Excel and Visio and other tools used to document and track business requirements.
Desirable Skills / Experience:
- Experience in cable and/or telecommunications.
- Experience using Rally.
- Personal Characteristics:
- Passion for continuous process improvement.
- Driven by goals and pursuit of professional development.
- Ability to rapidly re-prioritize and handle shifting priorities while demonstrating a high degree of professionalism and adaptability.
- Strong communication skills (written, interpersonal, presentation), with the ability to easily and effectively interact and negotiate with business stakeholders.
- Ability to effectively deal with ambiguity, uncertainty, and incomplete information when evaluating alternatives and making recommendations.
- Creative and abstract thinking skills to envision and design innovative solutions to business opportunities and challenges.
- Must have "can do" / "will do" attitude.
- Must be a team player-highly adaptive, resourceful, accountable, enjoys learning and sharing.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer