Comcast Product Manager 2, Product Management in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
CPE Product Manager
The CPE Product Manager will be responsible for the product lifecycle of the CPE device models used for our Business accounts. This position will interface with internal groups such as the Business Unit, Engineering, Program Manager, CARE, and various technical operations teams to collect and author specifications relating to the development of the next generation Business CPE. This position will also interface with OEMs to help drive development and certification of the CPE. In order to assume full ownership of product or product line, candidate has to have full understanding of product technology and service structures so candidate MUST have experience with broadband technology, especially with data and voice CPE.
- Owns and executes the product offer and manages all associated operational activities throughout the Product Life Cycle in collaboration with Finance, Purchasing, Supply Chain, Operations and Support.
- Collaborates with engineering to align on product requirements, release plans, and roadmaps
- Drives PRDs, and communicates with stakeholders
- Creates and implements communications and marketing plans (including branding) for product roadmap
- Partners with Program Manager/Project Manager and leads cross-functional, cross-unit virtual teams to establish product and solution offerings and positioning
- Collaborates with the Business Unit and Regions to create and drive demand and deployment success
- Primary interface to Business Unit and Divisions to gather product and roadmap requirements and to assess the success of current products.
- Works with the Engineering group, establish an end-to-end test plan for the CPE and traceability to requirements/user stories
- Work with the Project Manager and OEMs to drive the development and certification cycle
- While working with key internal and external stakeholders, define the priority of new features and resolution of defects
- Travel as required
- Excellent knowledge of software development methodologies and processes
- Analytical skills on CPE voice and data devices
- Analytical and development skills with embedded software on CPE video devices
- Knowledge of how CPE devices function at the SOC or driver level
- Some knowledge and/or working experience with scripting and programming languages is a plus.
- Knowledge and experience of broadband industry is a plus
- Knowledge of MSO Headend components / functions is a plus
- Strong communication skills both at an individual and team level
- Effective organizational skills; ability to multi-task.
- Ability to exercise initiative and independent judgment.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates, supervisors, and public.
- Ability to think analytically and to develop new or revised systems, procedures, and work flow.
- Ability to document process and changes effectively.
- Ability to prepare comprehensive reports and present ideas clearly and concisely in written and oral form.
- 3-5years working with data-based networks
- 5 years working in a Product Management role
- BA/BS degree in a technical field or business; if the degree is in a business field, applicant will need to demonstrate a strong technical background.
- Experience with business class broadband devices and networks
- Experience with WiFi, DOCSIS and other broadband related technologies
- Comfortable working with cross functional teams to drive schedules and priorities
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer