Comcast Prodt Mgr 2, Product Management in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast's Technology & Product organization works at the intersection of media and technology. Our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products that transform the customer experience. From creating apps like TVGo to new features such as the Talking Guide on the X1 platform, we work every day to make a positive impact through innovation in the pursuit of building amazing products that are enjoyable, easy to use and accessible across all platforms. The team also develops and supports our evolving network architecture, including next-generation consumer systems and technologies, infrastructure and engineering, network integration and management tools, and technical standards.
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Xfinity xFi gives customers the speed, coverage, and control they need for the ultimate home WiFi experience. And, with our hardware options, including our xFi Gateways and Pods, we are addressing what customers want most from their service – whole-home WiFi coverage.
The xFi Syndication Product Manager will contribute to the execution and on-going support of our xFi business for our Syndication Partners. This role is focused on the growing needs of xFi Syndication Business. You will act as the xFi Syndication Subject Matter Expert (SME) responsible for understanding all components of the xFi Service as they relate to Partners including but not limited to the xFi App, xFi Gateways & Pods, and the Cloud-based Servers and Systems that enable the xFi Service for Partners.
This Role Requires
- Working within the xFi Syndication ‘Working-Team’ to align on multi-tenancy roadmap, future releases and developing joint use cases across the Syndication Partner community
- Understanding and managing the intake of Partner requests and vetting for priority, doing product, system, and technical/business investigation to assess technical viability as well as assess business feasibility
- Ability to adopt the customer's perspective when defining new initiatives and product features
- Prioritizing and writing user stories, facilitate feature grooming, managing the product backlog
- Defining and reporting on key feature and effectiveness metrics
- Ability to view the 'big picture' of challenges impacting the xFi Service, including the technical, functional, process, and policy considerations and to creatively define solutions to those challenges for Syndication Partners
- Ability to work with a variety of product and technical teams responsible for the delivery of the xFi service as well as regularly communicating with the Syndication Partners
- Working internally to ensure all queries from Engineering and Program on Partner dependencies are being addressed
This Role Will
- Partner within the xFi Syndication working team consisting of architecture, core xFi product, program, and support teams, to drive the delivery and support of the xFi syndicated service for our Syndication Partners
- Act as the primary product interface between our Syndication Partners and the internal product owners for our xFi Service, representing the xFi Multi-tenant Roadmap and Product status out to the Syndication Partners
- Acquire and maintain a depth and breadth of knowledge for the xFi System, architecture, and business rules governing the service
- Stay adept at keeping up with changes as the they come to keep Partners, and Program Teams current
- Be able to respond to Partner queries and act as product SME, accessing Core Product, Development, and Engineering Product Teams as needed
- Write user stories, maintain a product backlog, and prioritize Customer feature requests
- Drive the product commercialization process and ensure timely delivery of product against the roadmap
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent experience preferably in engineering, business or related field, Master’s Degree a plus
- 10 years of related experience
- Skilled at working effectively with cross functional teams in a matrix organization
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- This position may require travel to customer and non-customer sites in North America (20%)
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer