Comcast Principal Security Software Developer, CPE in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast’s Technology & Product organization works at the intersection of media and technology. Our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products that transform the customer experience. From creating apps like TVGo to new features such as the Talking Guide on the X1 platform, we work every day to make a positive impact through innovation in the pursuit of building amazing products that are enjoyable, easy to use and accessible across all platforms. The team also develops and supports our evolving network architecture, including next-generation consumer systems and technologies, infrastructure and engineering, network integration and management tools, and technical standards.
Do you love reverse engineering systems and getting your hands dirty to fix problems?
Do you want to play a key role in securing Comcast's next-generation broadband and video products?
Does the thought of working alongside some of the leaders in software security and engineering excite you?
If yes, we want to hear from you!
IN THIS ROLE
You will work as a Developer embedded within the teams that develops software for Comcast broadband and video products. Your key responsibilities will be to resolve security vulnerabilities assigned to you by your peers in the remediation team.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Develop code and scripts to remediate vulnerabilities
- Participate in scrum teams
- Collaborate with extended security team for recommended remediation approaches
- Help advance the goal of building-in security to all Comcast product
WHAT SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE
- The burndown rate for the security vulnerability backlog increases
- There are zero high risk vulnerabilities over 30 days old
- The Comcast broadband and video engineering teams consider you an indispensable team member
WHAT YOU SHOULD POSSESS
- Solid understanding of common security vulnerabilities and vulnerability remediation practices
- Understanding of hardware, embedded software, and application architectures
- Familiarity with Yocto and RDK
- Passion for cybersecurity, an entrepreneurial spirit, persistence, and resourcefulness
- Discipline to handle confidential matters with appropriate sensitivity
- Ability to communicate complex concepts to technical and non-technical stakeholders
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
- A cool and casual work environment with chances to showcase your skills
- A culture of innovation and continuous learning
- Training, support, and mentoring to expand and evolve your expertise
- Opportunities to impact the security of Comcast products in millions of homes and businesses
WHAT WE REQUIRE
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent, preferably in engineering or computer science
- 11 years of related experience
- At least 2 years of experience with embedded software and software security
- Experience with C, C , Java, hard core embedded Linux, open source and networking
- Proficiency in scripting languages like Python, PERL, SWIFT, on the Linux platform
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer