Comcast Political Affairs Specialist in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
The Political Affairs Specialist reports directly to the Director of Political Affairs and supports the entire Political Affairs team. The person will be required to perform a wide variety of tasks pertinent to Comcast's overall political activities, compliance responsibilities, and disclosure obligations, including those which are clerical and/or administrative in nature.
Responsibilities may include:
- Assisting with maintenance and implementation of processes designed to meet organizational compliance objectives pertaining to campaign finance law, lobbying reporting, government ethics, conflicts of interest, and other political activities;
- Collaborating with Political Affairs team members to further department's goals and priorities;
- Assisting in annual solicitations for Comcast's Political Action Committees;
- Supporting the preparation and distribution of PAC communications;
- Supporting charitable PAC Match program;
- Assisting in political contribution processing and recordkeeping (PAC and Corporate contributions);
- Maintaining internal data and improve data integrity;
- Assisting in data reconciliations, audits, and research;
- Assisting in regulatory disclosure process;
- Aiding in execution of fundraising events;
- Developing and editing documents, correspondence, presentation materials, memoranda, and meeting notes (which may include highly confidential information); and
- Assisting with and/or assume responsibility for special projects as assigned.
Other Requirements and Competencies:
- Strong aptitude to learn from experiences, adapt to changing expectations, and constantly aim to grow;
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills;
- Strong interest in complex problem solving;
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment, integrity, and discretion in matters of significance;
- Willingness and initiative to take on additional/new assignments and responsibilities;
- Strong organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail;
- Ability to interact with PAC members and other employees with professionalism;
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion;
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to handle frequent interruptions and changes in priorities;
- Highly developed interpersonal skills;
- Regular, consistent, and punctual attendance; and
- Ability to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
Minimum Requirements and Technical Competencies:
- 1-5 years of related experience.
- Experiences with data analysis, accounting, audit, legal, government, or communications are a plus.
- Interest in the political process and compliance. (moved from Other Requirements and Competencies)
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Mastery of office systems, skills, and software including MS Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) required.
- Experience with Excel functions and formulas are a plus.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer