Comcast Mgr Mktg Planning and Research in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Manager, Marketing Strategy and Planning
The Manager, Marketing Strategy & Planning will be a key member of Comcast Cable's Marketing Strategy & Planning (MS&P) group, responsible for supporting all aspects of the company's sales and marketing insights and decision making to achieve the company's performance and growth targets. This role requires a unique blend of deep analytical skills and a strategic mindset in order understand various sets of data points about the market, consumers and our products to improve our sales and marketing effectiveness and create long lasting customer relationships.
This position reports to the Director, Marketing Strategy & Planning and offers the opportunity to work closely with a variety of cross functional teams, including Sales, Retention, Acquisition, FP&A, Product, Enterprise Business Intelligence, and the Digital Center of Excellence (DCOE) to drive fully integrated sales and marketing solutions. Advanced understanding of enterprise data architecture is required. This position will support the creation of sales and marketing strategy and its integration with daily business performance and real time marketing and sales intelligence.
- Help drive operational and strategic analytic projects across various functional areas
- Lead effectiveness analytics, across all key dimensions (e.g. media spend, demand generation, sales channel effectiveness, connect quality, customer analysis, and attrition)
- Provide digital measurement expertise across MS&P through real time intelligence, compelling analytics, and strategic imperatives
- Evolve trend detection systems and/or mechanisms in order to push insights to leadership in a timely fashion
- Serve as a primary contact for key analytics teams across the organization, including EBI, subscriber reporting, and division marketing & sales analytics group
- Identify hotspots, diagnose drivers and provide in month/quarter insights
- Seek efficiencies for how the team analyzes various streams of data and collaborate with headquarters and division counterparts on best practices
- Support the strategic planning process by developing competitive forecasts and analyses
- Partner with the Insights/Research team to enrich the strategic value of analytics and insights
- Partner with external vendors and consultants when necessary
- Bachelors degree, Masters Degree a plus
Work Experience & Requirements
- Generally requires 6-8 years experience in business analytics, financial modeling, business strategy, and/or marketing
- Management consulting experience preferred
- Experience with SQL, Oracle, relational databases, and other access and storage technologies (Hadoop)
- Expert in Excel and PowerPoint, VBA experience a plus
- Experience with automating data analyses and risk detection and disseminating results via the latest visualization and reporting technologies
- Demonstrated ability in handling and navigating large and complex data sets and databases
- Understanding of advanced analytic techniques, BI tools, and data visualization software (Tableau preferred)
- Ability to develop compelling strategic narratives and present findings to Sr. Leadership
- Strategic thinker, with a demonstrable understanding of marketing & sales mechanics
- Outside the box thinking with a proactive approach to problem solving
- Strong project management, communication, and strategic thinking skills
- Experience measuring/optimizing digital platforms, primarily through the use of Adobe Omniture, a plus
- Experience in handling projects involving data mining techniques (Forecasting, clustering, decision trees, etc) using mining tools such as SAS and/or SPSS a plus
Compliance: Comcast is an EEO/AA/Drug Free Workplace.
Disclaimer: The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer