Comcast Mgr, Business Requirements & Operations in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
We are looking to grow our Internal Digital Communications team with the addition of a smart and business savvy Manager, Business Requirements and Operations. This person will work hand-in-hand with various stakeholders, including members of the internal communications team, internal IT partners, and external design and development teams to ensure the successful development and integration of new digital communications technologies for our 90,000 workforce.
The role has three main focus areas. As a Business requirements lead, the ideal candidate will have experience translating and breaking down complex business requirements into easy-to-understand technical solutions (user stories). These will aid in the ongoing development of our Internal Communications tools including our Intranet (built on SiteCore), Enterprise search product (Coveo) and Broadcast Email system (internal system), among others. The ideal candidate will have experience operating within an Agile IT environment, leading grooming sessions, participating in demos and QA testing, and coordinating design validation and usability testing when necessary. This person will partner very closely with both the Internal Comms product owner and project manager to ensure scoping, design, development and testing adequately fulfills the requirements of the business.
The other area of focus for this role is supporting business operations. This person will be responsible for gathering important data and compiling it into reports our team and internal partners can use to make better business decisions. This includes setting up and managing our metrics analytics program, managing a robust training and support program for communicators at HQ and in the field, and looking for trends in technical issues (pain points) that need to be solved through additional technical requirements development. This person also owns the day-to-day execution of broadcast emails and digital signage requests, working closely with our content partners across the business.The ideal candidate will be someone who can lead a project and deliver the tasks associated with its success.
- Work with the Digital Communications team to help develop and deliver a multi-year internal digital communications channel roadmap, on-budget and on-time.
- Provide business requirements support for the ongoing development of Comcast's internal communications channels platforms. Work hand in hand with the product owner and program manager to develop the requirements/user stories that will make the end-user experience more social, interactive, and personalized. Lead grooming sessions, participate in demos and QA testing, and coordinate design validation and usability testing when necessary.
- Build and manage a robust metrics analytics program that helps the business understand how employees are engaging with content across multiple channels. Work closely with IT and external vendors to create an automated reporting capability to efficiently provide data to our communications partners at HQ and in the field.
- Build and manage a robust training and support program for communicators at HQ and in the field that help them better and more efficiently use our digital communication vehicles. Identify trends in technical issues (pain points) that need to be solved through additional technical requirements development.
- Working with our content partners across the business, own the day-to-day execution of broadcast emails and digital signage requests.
- Serve as a liaison to corporate IT, and external development and design teams, working closely with them to develop business requirements and user stories for technical development.
- Work closely with members of our content team and field communicators to understand their challenges and propose smart solutions that drive business results.
- Manage third party vendors; ensure performance metrics are appropriate and monitored.
- Stay abreast of the latest trends and developments in focus areas through ongoing professional development and industry associations, conferences and genuine passion for learning.
- Establish metrics and performance standards in support of key initiatives and programs. Enable data driven decision making and clear measures of progress.
- 5-10 years of experience with business requirements and business operations experience.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related field is preferred.
- Experienced with the Agile process. Agile and/or Scrum Master Certifications are a plus.
- Proven experience with writing and measuring User Stories in Agile.
- Operations experience working with Analytics teams on business operations for metrics and analysis.
- Project Management experience with managing timelines and releases.
- Proficiency in HTML is a plus.
- Experience with a (CMS) Content Management System (such as Sitecore or Drupol).
- Mass email tool experience such as Shadowbox, or another email platform.
- Ability to think creatively about change management, knowledge sharing, and employee engagement in an organization with remote employees.
- Experience developing collaborative relationships with people across a variety of areas within and external to the organization to ensure positive business outcomes.
- Demonstrated ability to drive results (reliable, proactive, able to work effectively in a complex, fast-paced environment).
- Ability to adapt to changing conditions, new ways of thinking, and perceptions, in a variety of situations and with various individuals and groups.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer