Comcast Manager, Strategic Supply Chain in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
The Supply Chain Strategic Manager will primarily provide support to the Retail Ops and Business Services teams on supply chain strategies, inventory visibility/usage, process improvement opportunities and system enhancements. The SCS Manager will serve as the primary liaison between the supply chain teams on (HQ Retail and Business Services), operational field teams, field operations managers and reporting teams as we continue to develop Supply Chain multi-functional partnerships with our other business units in the Company.
- Serve as an inventory management and control SME and Supply Chain partnership liaison to the existing Retail and Business Services Supply Chain teams.
- Review all inventory reporting and coordinate with divisional/regional ops teams to resolve inventory visibility and supply chain issues using project management structure to measure progress, cost savings and process improvements.
- Collaborate with other departments to access planning, procurement, warehousing, and transportation and return processes to identify improvement opportunities and implement new or improved supply chain processes.
- Work across the HQ field Supply Chain teams to update BAU operations guide to include all current supply chain processes and procedures.
- Serve as the supply chain SME for roll out of the branded partner and Back of House (BOH) Store programs as we deploy new XFINITY Stores and XFINITY Mobile across our store foot print.
- Serve as point contact for new store opening team, ensuring that all supply chain and operational reporting elements are covered.
- Review and propose improvements in material management purchase order functions for ISCO team which includes documentation of the process.
- Document physical supply chain processes, such as workflows, cycle times, position responsibilities, or system flows to update operational and deployment playbooks as needed.
- Investigate and propose enhancements to our current supply chain reporting suite for both Inventory reports and metrics dashboards.
- Develop, rollout, and guide best in class processes for proactive and reactive communications for all members of the Supply Chain organization
- Recommend transportation strategies to maximize economy by combining shipments or consolidating warehousing and distribution.
- Good project management, lean & process analysis, and problem-solving skills
- The SCO Manager will serve as the primary liaison between the supply chain teams on (Retail and CPE), operational field teams, field operations managers and reporting teams.
- Implements deployment readiness program for regional rollouts, including communications, UAT, and training support for call centers.
- Defines quality gates to ensure market readiness is in line with deployment milestones.
- Develops and defines methods and procedures for end user to address deploying technology and operational process changes.
- Reviews and updates Training Strategy to meet region specific needs.
- Defines a training plan to ensure business continuity.
- Reviews UAT testing strategy and updates to meet regional differences.
- Supports UAT readiness through the management of the market Readiness checklist. Creates UAT test plan, test cases, and scripts.
- Manages testing environment requests to include test accounts and required test data. Provides centralized defect management for on-site UAT and live trials, maintains the defect and issues log, and conducts daily defect reviews.
- Prepares and communicates daily testing status and defect reports. Manages daily testing status and defect tracking.
- Initiates metrics baseline and ongoing collection process in region. Escalates project issues and risks as appropriate.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain, Business, Logistics, or equivalent
- Experience managing and improving an end to end supply chain operation
- Must have ability to clearly communicate and explain end to end supply chain operations (inputs, output, and gaps) to senior level management
- Excellent creative thinking skills with emphasis on solving problems without a clear solution
- Strong emotional intelligence with the ability to read situations quickly and act appropriately
- Must be a team player
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in Cable industry a plus
- Looking for any chain store experience (Operations Inventory)
-Experience managing key projects related to retail, or logistics
- Any previous experience as a District manager in related fields
- MBA preferred; bachelor's degree in Supply Chain/ Logistics / Business field required.
- Supply Chain / Project Management accreditations a plus
Field of Study
- Supply Chain Logistics
Years of Experience
- Generally requires 6-9 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer