Comcast Manager, Sales Communications in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
The successful candidate is a team player, creative thinker, excellent project manager, and proactive practitioner who has an operational, execution mindset and can work at both strategic and tactical levels to deliver high-value communications results. You are viewed as a content development partner and can understand the audience and adapt messaging as needed. You are adept at using the tools to reach and engage with various audiences. You also have superior verbal and written communications skills. And, you have experience in building strong relationships with a highly matrixed group of stakeholders and have an understanding of the executive's function and business strategy.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities
- Work collaboratively with business units, leaders, and internal colleagues to create and manage cross-organizational, integrated communications strategies.
- Serve as a trusted communications thought partner, sharing best practices and supporting sales teams and stakeholders in communications planning and execution.
- Develop communications strategies and lead the high-quality implementation of communications that pinpoint stakeholder's strategic messages and efficiently deliver those messages.
- Bring a creative mindset and exceptional design and writing skills to planning, writing, editing, and publishing communications.
- Plan, manage and write copy for relevant audiences, and execute across the internal communication channels, i.e., intranet, e-mail, print, etc. that align with brand standards.
- Continually identify and advance opportunities to innovate and to streamline communications and operations.
- Quickly evaluates and capitalizes on timely communications opportunities.
- Work closely with change management teams to ensure recommendations follow best practices for effective targeted change communications.
- Design and prepare presentations geared toward leaders and employees.
- Review training materials and provide feedback on accuracy and clarity of the information, how well the modality and tone of the training will work for the intended audience/channel.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent, preferably incommunications, marketing, public relations, journalism or a related field/work experience
- Generally requires 5-9 years related experience
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, etc.).
- Ability to effectively communicate complex ideas and concepts in a simple and elegant way.
- Superior writing, editing, and presentation development skills.
- Excellent time management and related organizational skills, including appropriate sense of urgency, a proactive approach, and a suitable ability to anticipate and manage project lifecycle events, issues and obstacles.
- Superior project management skills. Able to manage several projects simultaneously and autonomously, as well as prioritize as necessary. Must be comfortable spearheading and managing projects autonomously.
- Proven track record of writing, preparing and editing effective materials across a variety of communication channels.
- Be a critical thinker but also execute on the details; outstanding analytical, research and presentation skills.
- High degree of self-confidence, poise, maturity, discretion, diplomacy and empathy.
- Strong communication, listening and facilitation skills.
- Experience creating targeted content that generates measurable ROI.
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the time.
- As part of the interview process, candidates will be asked to participate in a writing and design sample exercise.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.