Comcast Manager, Risk Modeling in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
XFINITY Mobile is a new wireless service built for the way people use their phones today with the internet at the center of the experience. We use America's largest and most reliable 4G LTE network, along with the nation's largest WiFi network, to give customers a better wireless experience.
- Creates processes and systems from design through deployment to analyze high volume, diverse "big data" sources using advanced mathematical, statistical, querying, and reporting methods.
- Fully understands, interprets and mentors others in predictive analytics techniques and inductive statistical analysis to predict outcomes and behaviors.
- Interacts with business partners to identify questions for data analysis and experiments.
- Identifies meaningful insights from large data and metadata sources; interprets and makes recommendations to management based on insights and findings from analysis and experiments.
- Considered an expert in a wide range of current and emerging technologies to create machine learning models.
- The successful candidate must stay current to the state of the art by reading, understanding, and applying the ideas, techniques, algorithms, and results expressed in recently-published articles and papers.
- Partners with senior management to support business planning and operational processes throughout the year.
- Analyzes financial and operational data/performance metrics, communicates findings and risks, and makes suggestions to improve processes.
- Supports business unit management and other departments with informational requests and special projects.
- Possesses understanding of Company policies and procedures and continually implements and reviews policies and procedures for consistency.
- Trains, supervises, and develops Finance staff. Manages the day-to-day performance of the Finance team and makes suggestions to upper management for work performance improvement.
- Performs additional Business Operations duties and tasks as required.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education Level Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent is required. Master's degree in math, statistics, data science, or similar discipline is preferred.
Years of Experience Generally requires 8-11 years of related experience
Other Specific Skills:
- Five years experience working with R, Java, Python, SAS, SPSS or other predictive modeling tools
- Five years experience in statistics
- Five years experience working with Hadoop, a NoSQL Database or other big data infrastructure
- Five years experience actively engaged in data science or some other research-oriented activity
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer