Comcast Manager, Marketing Intelligence & Planning in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
The following position will work within Comcast's Internet Essentials team. Internet Essentials is Comcast's signature community impact initiative designed to help close the digital divide through affordable broadband service, low-cost computers, and digital literacy training, online, in print, and in person. The ideal candidate will also have a passion for working in a mission and purpose-driven group within the company, responsible for ensuring that households in need in Comcast's service area can benefit from having the internet at home, and the tools they need to succeed in a 21st century economy.
This position reports to the Director of Marketing and is accountable for meeting the program's budget goals, developing and executing innovative marketing and multichannel strategies for acquiring and developing lasting customer relationships. This role requires a unique blend of rich market research experience, deep analytical skills and a strategic mindset in order to understand various sets of data points about the market, consumers and our product to improve our marketing effectiveness. This candidate has the ability to develop innovative strategies, based on these data insights, and to implement a test and learn approach that drives results. Advanced understanding of enterprise data architecture is a plus.
- Develop and deliver medium/long-term end-to-end marketing plans for Internet Essentials including market insights, marketing strategy, marketing communications, sales strategy, and go-to-market execution.
- Develop, maintain and monitor key performance metrics that measure growth, identify competitive and other risks and track progress towards goals.
- Identify hotspots, diagnose drivers and provide/communicate regular insights based on data that will help to drive growth (daily, weekly, monthly, etc).
- Develop an automated process of trend detection, communicating insights to leadership in a timely fashion in conjunction with connect, disconnect, and any relevant customer research.
- Lead the creation of forecasting, tracking, competitive and analytic reports to help provide insight and support the development and measurement of strategies.
- Serve as marketing subject matter expert for acquisition marketing tactics and strategies for key Divisional marketing partners. Collaborate to help them meet/exceed connect goals.
- Develop business cases for marketing proposals and make recommendations on tactics.
- Closely monitor customer retention and develop churn reduction strategies.
- Subject matter expert on the competitive landscape, working cross functionally to track and report out on competitive activities, opportunites and risks. Prepare rapid response plans as needed.
- Work closely with internal and external partners to identify and scale best practices as they relate to event and partnership activation strategies.Implement and execute marketing tests and scale to drive results.
- Track and manage vendor partners and the associated marketing budget.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent.
- Generally requires 6-9 years related experience.
- Masters Degree preferred.
- Fields of Study-business, marketing, statistics, or related quantitative/social science field.
- 6-9 years experience in marketing strategy preferred, including specific experience in qualitative/quantitative market research and business analytics.
- Ability to develop compelling strategic narratives and present findings to senior leadership.
- Proven track record of turning data into insights; experience with automating data analyses and detection and disseminating results via the latest visualization and reporting technologies.
- Demonstrated ability and navigating large and complex data sets.
- Understanding of analytic techniques and data visualization software (IBM Cognos and Tableau preferred).
- Self-starter who is able to ramp up quickly and is comfortable leading and executing cross-functional projects.
- Strong consumer and industry/product awareness. Good organizational and planning skills. Excellent written and verbal communication.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer