Comcast Manager, Content Acquisition in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
The Content Acquisition department is responsible for licensing cable television content used in our cable systems across the nation. We are currently seeking a motivated, analytical, and dedicated individual to assist in all facets of rights management and operations.
- Manage multiple projects ranging from tracking contract compliance to analyzing network carriage and preparing executives for contract negotiations.
- Participate in the management of the Channel Change Request (CCR) process from start to finish:
- Daily tasks include: collection, preparation and analysis of CCR's, confirmation of contract rights and obligations, lead communications with cable systems management, gain approvals of cable HQ management, communication of approvals to systems, and preparation of tracking and completion reports.
- Provide continued assistance to Division management in fulfilling programming and packaging strategies and goals.
- Create and maintain internal reports and presentations used by executives and field management.
- Prepare and maintain other internal reports such as loss report, consolidation pools and competition report.
- Update reports to summarize contract terms for carriage, packaging and distribution commitments through the contract checklist process.
- Work alongside multiple departments to ensure bandwidth management and many other operational needs. Such departments may include: the Dry Creek Facility in Denver, Engineering, Video Services, Marketing & Sports Marketing, Spotlight, Business Services and other Market Segments as assigned.
- Provide continued assistance to systems with specific programming needs and questions.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree required, business focus preferred.
- 6-9 years business experience; cable television industry preferred
- Strong communication and organizational skills a must
- Proven ability to use Microsoft Excel software
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer