Comcast Manager, Campus Digital Content in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
The Manager, Campus Digital Content is responsible for supporting the Director, Campus Content, and VP, Local Media Development in all Comcast campus digital platforms.
- Project management and expert communications planning for a minimum of two external and internal-facing digital platforms.
- Video and written content (for digital) creation and facilitation.
- Managing daily campus digital calendar, content calendaring, and collaboration with internal- and external-facing software development teams.
- Collaboration with internal AV/IT and CMS systems to ensure platforms provide a seamless experience for internal and external audiences.
- Collaboration with corporate communications and branding to ensure content seamlessly aligns with corporate and brand guidelines.
- Collaborating with vendors to ensure performance and maintenance and budget adherence.
- Managing approval processes on digital platform budgets.
- Supporting all department events.
- Additional responsibilities include calendar management, meeting management, creative briefs, and other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent in Public Relations, Communications, English, Sociology, Film, or Political Science preferred.
- 3-5 years of related experience.
- Excellent writing skills and executive communications skills.
- Experience in print, television, radio, or digital writing and/or production a plus.
- Leadership and project management skills required to manage evolving writing requests, as well as long-range communications planning for major corporate initiatives.
- Self-motivation and initiative to take the lead in getting the job done on time and on budget.
- Discretion and confidentiality.
- Generally requires 8-11 years related experience.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities
- Responsible for the planning, development, and acquisition of a continuous flow of content for either a portion of the organization's sites or a major online market segment. Contributes with evaluating new content ideas. Identifies additional markets. Creates new concepts. Enhances content and services. Accountable for content quality and traffic/market share of assigned content area(s). Develops financial and operational objectives. Ensures operational plans are aligned with business objectives. Contributes to functional strategy development. Has a greater degree of impact on business results, and typically manages one or more groups of professional employees.
- Manages and monitors the development and implementation of content programs with major partners in entertainment, media, music, and publishing with the goal of significantly increasing the quality and depth of content on a site in order to achieve customer satisfaction, usage, and revenue goals.
- Identifies and evaluates business opportunities and targets key event programming to drive differentiation.
- Monitors staff on best practices for labeling content and optimizing search engine hits. Enhances search and directory by analyzing traffic and results.
- Manages the quality and effectiveness of online communications to all of the organization's internal and external audiences, identifying opportunities for audience growth.
- Manages partner promotions, content tracking, and cross-platform programs with other divisions.
- Coordinates with marketing and creative teams to align content goals and ensures smooth and timely implementation of content programs.
- Negotiates with third parties and partners to acquire innovative content.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer