Comcast Manager 2 Engineering Operations in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Responsible for ensuring the overall performance of financial operations
by achieving operational compliance, adherence to budgets, and
reinforcing enterprise-wide strategic direction in daily operations.
Ensures compliance with industry and Company technical requirements,
standards, policies, and procedures. Promotes a customer-driven service
culture. Acts as a champion through continued focus on proactively
identifying and addressing processes impacting engineering. Develops
financial and operational objectives. Ensures operational plans are
aligned with business objectives. Contributes to functional strategy
development. Has a greater degree of impact on business results, and
typically manages one or more groups of professional employees.
Employees at all levels are expect to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how
you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our
customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint,
and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our
game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital
tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being
open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that
brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining
huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do
better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our
- Monitors technical and engineering progress to ensure strategies,
goals, and objectives are met. Aligns operational plans with business
objectives. Communicates changes to all affected personnel.
- Ensures effective implementation of the department budget. Prepares
financial statements and monthly forecasts and reports them to
- Prepares and analyzes monthly financial performances and makes budget
and new technology recommendations.
- Monitors capital and operating expenditures and makes recommendations
- Manages and forecasts resource needs to meet departmental objectives.
Recommends action plans or solutions to management.
- Ensures that all regional technical performance complies with industry
and Company technical requirements.
- Applies industry standards in daily operations and ensures that they
are consistently met and that technical operations comply with system,
region and OSHA safety programs.
- Develops, trains, mentors and motivates staff members in accordance
with best practices and procedures developed by management.
- Makes business-impacting decisions on the ground floor of department
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work
nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Engineering, Computer Science
- Generally requires 8-11 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer