Comcast Lead Product Designer, UI/UX in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
The Xfinity Mobile Experience Design (XD) Team is looking for a world class Design Lead to help bring a new type of mobile service to millions of people across the nation.
The ideal candidate is a versatile designer with a mix of skills in Brand Marketing Design, UX, UI and E-Commerce paired with a minimum of 3 years leading a small team of designers. As a Design Lead, you will remain very hands on in the work (Sketch, InVision, Zeplin, Jira) while leading two other designers and partnering with marketers, product owners, engineers, scrums masters and other cross functional partners.
As a Design Lead, you'll be challenged to use the full extent of your skills, from research to stakeholder interviews, from sketching and wireframing to high fidelity visual design, sprint planning and workshop facilitation. Along the way, you'll work at a Fortune 50 company and create a lasting impact on a service experience that customers use every day.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities
The Ideal Candidate:
- Has a proven track record bringing brands to life through responsive web e-commerce experiences.
- Will bring big, bold, new ideas to Xfinity Mobile with the ability to execute them within an agile environment.
- Balances qualitative data, user research and intuition to make well informed design decisions.
- Creates compelling and visually driven narratives, combining social and ecommerce.
- Has a significant operational impact on their own immediate team by mentoring others, leading projects, and functioning as the technical voice of the team.
- Thinks conceptually and brings those concepts to life visually, using moodboards, sketching and prototyping.
- Is a strong collaborator and partner outside of the design team.
- Has an eye for and understanding of emerging trends, always staying a few steps ahead of what's next.
- Takes initiative on all projects with a strong sense of ownership; emulates curiosity and innovation, instills trust in others.
- Drives product and experience evolution.
- Has experience with A/B testing.
- Experience working with brand and UI guidelines and design systems while helping to evolve and mature them.
- Clearly articulates design rationales and advocates design thinking.
- Readily gives and receives constructive feedback.
- Has extensive responsive web e-commerce experience.
- Thinks holistically and omni-channel.
- Has experience gathering and working with business requirements.
- Has a blend of skills in ux, ui and visual design.
- Creates information hierarchy using typography, color, space and contrast.
- Has the ability to work with established design templates and patterns but can create and push for new ones.
- Produces great work in short timeframes with feedback from a broad range of stakeholders
- Is comfortable as a player-coach that is hands on in the work and also leads a small project team.
- Assesses product and design requirements and executes interaction design and visual design as a part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Partners with Product and Engineering to conceptualize, design, and prototype complex user flows and interactions.
- Conducts stakeholder interviews, analyzes customer feedback, usability and researches user behavior to enhance existing products.
- Compiles and presents to senior leadership.
- Helps develop, mentor, and train other designers.
- Develops processes and procedures to drive design efficiencies.
- Collaborates with internal and external stakeholders on product direction and design. Assigns projects to appropriate design resources.
- Has experience shipping products in an agile environment.
- Follows industry standards for building user interface (accessibility, responsive design, grid, performance)
- Has a deep passion for technology and creativity with expert skills in Sketch, Zeplin, Keynote, and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Prototypes using InVision, Flinto, Principle or Proto.io
- Will evolve and elevate the Xfinity Mobile narrative across the digital customer experience, specifically https://www.xfinity.com/mobile/
- This role reports to the Creative Director of Xfinity Mobile Customer Experience.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Generally requires 7 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.