Comcast IT Systems Engineer, Physical Security in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast's Technology & Product organization works at the intersection of media and technology. Our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products that transform the customer experience. From creating apps like TVGo to new features such as the Talking Guide on the X1 platform, we work every day to make a positive impact through innovation in the pursuit of building amazing products that are enjoyable, easy to use and accessible across all platforms. The team also develops and supports our evolving network architecture, including next-generation consumer systems and technologies, infrastructure and engineering, network integration and management tools, and technical standards.
The Security Engineer is responsible for life cycle management of IT based physical security system infrastructures and software solutions (i.e, Access Control, IP Video, Visitor Management, and other technical security solutions) used to secure physical properties. The position provides critical support to the physical security business units responsible for technology solutions used to monitor and managed Comcast critical infrastructure, data centers and engineering offices. The individual should have a strong background in enterprise application architecture and design. The candidate should also possess a proven ability to manage complex engineering projects and deliverables from development and quality assurance teams.
- Develop, configure, and install enterprise scale complex IT security systems including access control, identity and access management, IP video, intrusion detection, and other IP enabled components.
- Deploy and support IP based technical security products. Design interfaces, define integration workflows, and prototype solutions associated with HID SAFE software suite and platform systems in the Comcast physical security environment.
- Provide specialized technical support to ensure the efficient implementation, operation and maintenance of all related Security Systems.
- Debug and resolve application, database, operating system, and network issues for both clients and servers with a variety of operating system, server hardware, and network topologies in partnership with Database and Network teams, as well as 3rd party vendors.
- Create detailed technical design specifications, use cases and work closely with vendors and stakeholders to deploy solutions from design to user acceptance.
- Make changes to user interfaces, business rules, and reports to meet stakeholder needs.
- Work on the rollout of new systems and remediation of existing systems while coordinating with project managers and physical security/building management team members.
Skill and Abilities
- Must have strong analytical skills along with good communications.
- Demonstrate proficient skills and technical knowledge of the design, electronics, programming and troubleshooting of one or more of the following domains: Card Access Control Systems, Integrated Security Systems, hybrid IT-based video systems, Physical Identity and Access Management Systems or related information technology systems required.
- Experience administering one or more of the following platforms (AMAG, Prowatch, Lenel, Salient/Completeview, Genetec, and Quantum Secure/HID SAFE).
- Knowledgeable in multi-tier, web application solutions in large enterprise environments.
- System analysis and design experience in mapping user problems to reusable design and technology solutions.
- Good understanding of development tools and technologies to help in developing rapid prototypes or resolve integration problems.
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree or Masters Preferred
Field of Study: Information technology, Computer science, Electrical engineering, Telecommunications or related field
Certifications Desired: PSP, CISSP, MCSE, MCPD
Years' Experience: Generally Requires 5-8 years of related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer