Comcast Industrial Designer in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Comcast's Experience Design (XD) team is transforming how customers access and enjoy entertainment, communications and home management services across all channels-online, mobile and TV. We look for and create opportunities to educate, enlighten and whenever possible, delight, both new and existing customers. Our goal is to build long-lasting relationships using enhanced flows, smart features and self-healing solutions to foster trust and loyalty. By assembling the country's top designers and thinkers, we're rapidly becoming the premier environment for building and launching one-of-a-kind experiences that make everyday life easier and more entertaining for millions of people.
What We're Looking For:
This team is on the front line bringing products to market. You will be essential in bringing never-before-thought-of experiences to our customers. You'll develop best practices while exploring new ideas to extend our design ecosystem. You understand customer behaviors and excel in a collaborative environment that includes other designers, engineers, researchers, strategists and architects.
What You'll Do:
- Deliver high quality work on tight schedules in a dynamic, agile product environment.
- Assist with Industrial design language evolution and visual design standards for products that fulfill the physical extension of our brands and demonstrate our commitment to delivering premier experiences.
- Prepare sketches of ideas, detailed drawings, illustrations, renderings and 3D models.
- Work closely with research teams to study, understand and deliver on customer needs and expectations while also creating functional mockups for usability testing.
- Determine materials, construction, mechanisms, shapes, color, surface finish, manufacturing processes and packaging.
- Maintain a critical eye and an obsessive attention to detail.
- Crafting presentations to support design from both strategic and tactical lenses from concept through delivery.
- An excellent online portfolio showcasing your understanding of Industrial Design and User Centered Design principles. Consumer Electronics experience is a must.
- 2-4 years of experience in the job offered or a related occupation.
- Visualization techniques to generate images of concepts, including freehand sketching, 2D design software expertise, 3D CAD modeling/rendering software (Solidworks / ProE / Keyshot ).
- Experience bringing products to market (DFA / DFM).
- Knowledge of cross-platform usability standards and UI specifications.
- Ability to take a project from exploratory and conceptual version, through to final production assets.
- Strong ability to multi-task and execute against multiple projects running in parallel path.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer