Comcast Graphic Designer/Visualization Specialist in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
The following position will work within Comcast's Internet Essentials team. Internet Essentials is Comcast's signature community investment initiative designed to help close the digital divide through affordable broadband service, low-cost computers, and digital literacy training, online, in print, and in-person. The Graphic Designer/Visualization Specialist will be responsible for crafting digital narratives using internal and external data, working collaboratively across the Internet Essentials team, and identifying new areas of interest relevant to program priorities.
As one of Comcast's key Values initiatives, Internet Essentials is included in all components of the company's external voice. The Graphic Designer/Visualization Specialist will be responsible for helping to craft that voice through various forms of visualizations for both internal and external audiences. The Graphic Designer/Visualization Specialist will also work closely with research, communications, policy, and operations teams to visualize data in new and interesting ways that aid internal decision making.
Responsible for visualizing and interpreting data trends using both internal and external data sources. Has strong visualization and graphic design skills to create compelling data visualizations, infographics, and data-driven narratives for use with both internal and external audiences. Works cross-functionally to collect data and makes actionable recommendations at all levels. Infers trends from a variety of data sources and confidently delivers their interpretation; makes recommendations to executives. Has in-depth experience, knowledge and skills in own discipline.
- Simplify and effectively communicate complex ideas in writing and through data visualization techniques.
- Generating ideas for data-driven stories and for how they might be developed and visualized.
- Using skills and experience to advise on best approaches to data-led storytelling and the development and publication of data-led projects.
- Be able to produce consistently high-quality content on a schedule and manage time and workload independently.
- Review data-driven work done by other members of the team.
- Acquire, process, parse, and occasionally combine diverse datasets
- Suggest and build static and interactive data visualizations and novel ways of telling stories
- Recommends improvements to competitive business intelligence reports and interpretation of data by cross functional teams.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Teach and encourage best practices for handling and analyzing data.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent.
- 5-7 years of related experience with a strong background in design.
- Strong creative portfolio demonstrating good use of typography, grid-based design, white space, and color theory.
- Ability to shape and lead solutions to data visualization in an increasingly complex and changing technological environment.
- Knowledge of production tools and methodology, and a strong technical aptitude to quickly learn new software and hardware.
- Demonstrated ability to work iteratively to gather and document requirements.
- Strong ability to support multiple projects concurrently.
- Strong writing and narrative building skills.
- A high degree of creativity, interaction design, and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to communicate complex ideas to a wide range of audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to design compelling and intuitive user interfaces.
- Excellent presentation skills and attention to detail.
- Must be able to partner and communicate with Software Engineers/web developers.
- Expertise, including formal training, in visual or graphic design using Adobe Creative Suite tools like Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, or equivalents.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are required to work and interface with customers, coworkers, and management.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer