Comcast Executive Director, Collections in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Responsible for leading all aspects of the collections function for Xfinity Mobile. Interprets business strategy and develops organizational objectives to align with this strategy. Develops analytical frameworks and predictive models to determine optimal treatment strategies for consumer and small business customers entering and within the collections lifecycle. Guides management of collections associates and outside collections agencies. Establishes financial policies, procedures, controls, and reporting systems. Influences, shapes, and integrates managing working capital Typically manages multiple teams of professionals.
- Creates long-term plans to drive the overall strategy. Oversees the execution of the plans throughout divisions/business units.
- Develops analytical frameworks and predictive models to determine optimal treatment strategies for consumer and small business customers entering and within the collections lifecycle.
- Oversees implementation of collections systems and platforms, including deployment of new technologies within the customer management ecosystem.
- Manages usage of outside collection agencies and attorneys to control expense and collection costs. Determines to what extent litigation proceedings should be utilized; negotiates settlements where appropriate.
- Determines if records are complete to proceed for collection and/or litigation; determines most appropriate collection strategy considering size, age and type of account.
- Manages corporate Credit & Collections staff which includes administration of performance appraisals, personnel selections, and recommendation of salary actions, transfers, disciplinary actions, and employee termination.
- Ensures compliance to all federal and state Fair Debt and Collection laws.
- Serves as department representative on credit-related committees and development projects.
- Develop annual department budgets and service charge-out methodology.
- Keeps up-to-date with information and technology affecting functional area(s) to increase innovation and ensure compliance.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion.
- Exhibits regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education Level -Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
Field of Study -Accounting, Business
Years Experience - Generally requires 15 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer