Comcast Exec Dir, L&D-College of Technologists in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Function : Human Resources
Family : Learning and Development
Job Title : Executive Director L&D, Technology
Responsible for the overall analysis, design, development, implementation, and evaluation of all Learning and Development programs for all levels and positions of employees in technology disciplines across Comcast Cable. Provides strategic, executive leadership in the design, development and implementation of Learning and Development initiatives for technologists to support Comcast's leadership position in the technology arena. This includes maintaining strong organizational capability in key technology areas (software engineering, technology infrastructure management, cyber security, artificial intelligence, emerging technologies, etc.), leveraging learning to support the retention and advancement of our valued technologists, and creating an environment of engagement and growth that attracts great technologists to the Company.
Leads a team accountable for driving change transformation and strategy execution to achieve specific business results. Creates business strategy to focus on enhanced customer experience, competitive advantage, and differentiation. Incorporates broad knowledge of learning and technology trends to address complex, unusual, and critical issues. Develops long-term plans that impact the achievement of business results. Recognizes profitability and revenue potential in business opportunities. Demonstrates leadership versatility.
Technology Learning Strategy:
- Partners with executive and senior level management to define short- and long-term talent development needs for technologists and technology communities to drive the Company's goals, objectives, and overall mission of innovation and a great customer experience.
- Works closely with business leaders, field management teams, HR and Talent Management functions to align development strategy to larger technology talent strategy for the Company.
- Identifies future technological trends and new learning approaches and develops learning strategies with emphasis on improved employee competencies, career development, attracting and retaining tech talent, and new hire training in order to improve business results.
- Collaborates with Talent Management and with the Leadership Development function in Comcast University to support the effectiveness of our technology leaders and drive a healthy leadership pipeline in technology.
Team Leadership and Portfolio Management:
- Leads a team of learning professionals in building and curating practical, strategic, business-oriented learning solutions for the Company's technologist audiences.
- Partners closely with Subject Matter Experts across the enterprise to ensure the relevance and effectiveness of all learning initiatives for the business and the individual learners.
- Creates and implements content delivery strategies that are useful and compelling to the technology audience, spanning informal, on-demand learning assets to deep technical development experiences and projects that build critical competencies and keep technologists' skills current and relevant.
- Directs the development, acquisition and curation of deep technical content and ongoing training to address business needs.
- Leads and oversees the development that supports key talent initiatives that may arise, which could include talent intake and onboarding programs, internship programs, functional advancement programs or other key programs.
- Creates, approves, and oversees budget for the work of the team.
Quality and Business Impact:
- Oversees the successful delivery of all learning initiatives and ensures the program quality and impact to the business.
- Ensures accuracy and currency of program content and materials.
- Tracks and monitor results; ensures consistency and inter-connectedness of all concepts and materials across all programs.
- Implements selected business impact studies to measure business results associated with key learning initiatives.
- Identifies organizational effectiveness issues and makes recommendations to Human Resources and senior management.
- Consistently exercises independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Completes other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree required; Master's Degree preferred
Years' Experience: Generally requires 12 years' experience in Learning & Development, with significant experience in technology training
Compliance: Comcast is an EEO/AA/Drug Free Workplace.
Disclaimer: The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer