Comcast Enterprise Solutions Sales Engineer in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast Business offers technology solutions ranging from Ethernet, internet, and WiFi connectivity to voice, television, and managed Enterprise solutions to power businesses of all sizes to perform better. From small businesses to mid-market and large Enterprise organizations, Comcast Business serves business customers across the country. Powered by an advanced, Gig-speed network and backed by 24/7 technical support, Comcast Business is one of the largest contributors to the growth of Comcast Cable. The organization is the nation's largest cable provider to small and mid-size businesses and has emerged as a force in the Enterprise market, recognized by leading industry associations as one of the fastest growing provider of Ethernet services.
This individual will play a key role within Comcast Business by providing best in class
customer solutions and technical sales support as part of the Managed Enterprise
Solutions Sales organization. The individual helps close customer opportunities by
being providing engineering support within the larger sales engineering organization.
Individual will assist in developing solutions with Comcast's full suite of WAN and Managed
Network Services partnering with other Sales and Solutions Engineering team members across
the country. This particular role requires detail oriented, analytical and project management
skill sets and a detailed understanding of access and networking technologies with emphasis
on Managed Services, Professional Services, Ethernet, and IP Networking. The individual
will act as technical lead on large projects, RFP's and internal projects allowing the account
team to focus on the specific higher level Customer technical and business requirements.
They will help develop, track and provide expertise on proposals, solution diagrams and
technical presentations to other Sales Engineering team members and assist with escalations
that require immediate attention. Acts as a technical expert for all Comcast Business products
and services. Acts as a representative internally on new product initiatives, tools, rollouts and training.
Works as part of a team on more complex projects and accounts. Provides mentoring and guidance
to junior team members and across other organizations. Provides updates and accurate reporting
to leadership on specific customer due dates, network/capital costs and other portions of current
opportunities. May be responsible for leading a team, but does not directly manage people.
- Develop solutions leveraging Comcast Managed Network Services portfolio including
Managed Broadband, Managed Router, Managed WiFi, Managed Security, Unified
Communications/Voice and Ethernet products.
- Provides support and occasionally attends customer meetings in person and via the phone
when primary account team members are unable.
- Engineer customized highly available networks adapted specifically for the unique
requirements of that particular industry while staying within set budgets and financial targets.
- Provides detailed documents, via diagrams and writing to internal team members as
requested to meet customer deadlines.
- Generate as-built diagrams internally and externally as required, provide post sale support
to implementation and operations teams ongoing.
- Take a primary technical role in the preparation of RFP's, designing cost-effective solutions
configuration challenges through the standard or Individual Case Basis (ICB) process.
- Collaborate with Network Engineering and Solutions Architecture, Product
Management and Marketing teams to fully support the Presales Effectiveness of the
Sales Engineering teams.
- Able to pick up projects midstream, quickly assess and understand requirements and
work to completion
- Assist Engineering leadership with ad-hoc reporting, project tracking and other timelines
on major iniatives
- Possess and maintain the business acumen to anticipate future trends, competitive
landscape, understand how organizations generates profits and manages cost and
translate market knowledge into business opportunities.
- Review all technical aspects for quality of an opportunity before the
opportunity is accepted as sold.
- Lead the introduction of a new product, process or technology within the Comcast
Business Sales Engineering community.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of
- Minimal travel required.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and
weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent
- Engineering, Telecommunications, Computer Science or (or equivalent)
- Generally requires 5 years related experience.
- CCNA/CCDA desired (or equivalent experience)
- MEF CECP/Cisco CMNA/Fortinet NSE/Ciena CE-A/Juniper JNCIA (or other industry certifications)
- Generally requires 1 years related experience working with Enterprise level customers on complex networks.
- Extensive background in design and deployment of complex optical, data, video and voice networks highly preferred.
- Experience with the following:
- MAN/WAN technologies including Carrier Ethernet, SD-WAN, IP-VPN/MPLS, Wavelength and SONET
- Internet, Peering, TCP/IP, Border Gateway Protocol (BGP)
- Layer 1 Access Networks (Optical/WDM, Hybrid Fiber Coaxial, Twisted Pair Copper)
- Layer 2/3 networking and protocols (Switching/Bridging, VLAN's, L2CP, Routing and Security)
- Advanced Voice networking technologies including VoIP, SIP, Packet Cable and TDM
- Software Defined Networking (SDN), Network Function Virtualization (NFV), Orchestration and Cloud based networking
- Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery concepts
- GIS fiber routing and mapping experience preferred,
- Excellent project management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communicator with ability to explain technical concepts in simple and understandable terms to a layperson
- Strong presentation skills
- Self-motivated, project oriented individual
- Able to accomplish tasks and projects without the need for constant supervision
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Microsoft Visio, Salesforce and other desktop and engineering applications and tools
- Team player, able to handle ambiguity, anticipate and react to changes quickly in a fast paced sales environment
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer