Comcast Engineer 3, Product Dev Engineering in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast's Technology & Product organization works at the intersection of media and technology. Our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products that transform the customer experience. From creating apps like TVGo to new features such as the Talking Guide on the X1 platform, we work every day to make a positive impact through innovation in the pursuit of building amazing products that are enjoyable, easy to use and accessible across all platforms. The team also develops and supports our evolving network architecture, including next-generation consumer systems and technologies, infrastructure and engineering, network integration and management tools, and technical standards.
This position is with the Xfinity WiFi team. We are looking for a DevOps Engineer to help us further develop our core networking WiFi technologies. This individual will be part of the team responsible for day to day operations of the Core network, but will also participate in the design, development & evaluation advanced technical solutions for the X-WiFi CORE Network team. This architect will interact with our business unit as well as other internal/external engineering teams to get the job done.
- Hands on, Networking / Portal DevOps Role
- Works with other members of cross-functional teams, joint ventures, third party vendors and Company's Product Managers and Marketing teams to deliver quality products, in a timely fashion, that meet defined requirements.
- Participates in the Company product lifecycle process, contributes to and/or creates product and technical requirements, detailed design documents including transaction, capacity and bandwidth models, systems definitions, and operational procedures as part of this process.
- Ensures that projects are properly accepted into the engineering team, worked on in a timely and efficient manner and smoothly transitioned into Quality Assurance and Operations teams.
- Provides guidance and accepts accountability for the performance and reliability of various cross-platform applications and services, and ensures that system failures are restored in a timely manner.
- Recommends courses of action, technology, technical solutions, long term vision and vision of what needs to happen to grow the Company.
- Develops state-of-the art solutions to maximize on technology and business applications.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
-Advanced level understanding of Networking; BGP, CG-NAT, DNS, VLAN tagging, load balancing, LAG groups, Capacity management, Monitoring & AP tunneling & aggregation, VPNs
-Experience with Oracle, MySQL & Splunk a plus
-Functional understanding of Network Security concepts and practical applications
-Autonomous ability to troubleshoot complex problems at the CLI of various networking platforms
-Autonomous ability to manage core routers and their configurations
-Autonomous ability to work with vendors on bug fixes and new feature requests
-Ability to work with other technical people in a collaborative environment.
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent
- Engineering, Computer Science, Networking Certifications
- Generally requires 5-8years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer