Comcast Engineer 3, Incident Management in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
The Incident Manager is part of the Production Support team which is responsible for managing incidents for new and existing Products. This position is responsible for Incident Management ensuring that all incidents are identified, triaged and resolved within SLA. Additionally, this position will be responsible for ensuring that all root cause analysis is documented for high severity incidents and delivered to the respective Product owners. This position will interface with Comcast Product, Change, Problem, Release, Engineering, Market and Operations Management teams. Work is performed in a 24/7 operations environment. Must be available to work weekends and holidays on an on call basis.
- Manage incidents to resolution including escalations where appropriate.
- Daily incident analysis reports for outstanding incidents.
- Provide root cause analysis documentation to internal teams.
- Review root cause analysis documentation with Product owners.
- Document and adjust the Incident Management processes including training appropriate personnel.
- Participate in new Product releases.
- Integrate support with Production processes.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business or related field or equivalent work experience is required.
- Strong understanding of ITIL and Incident Management practices.
- Web, Mobile, and Cloud experience a plus
- 5 years experience in an Enterprise 24x7 Network Operations Center or Production Support environment required
- 5 years Customer Service experience, Incident and Problem Management required.
- 5 years experience defining, implementing, and monitoring IT service level processes.
- Technical expertise in network and server administration with hands on experience.
- Experience working in a large (1000 server) and complex operations environments.
- Good understanding of Cloud infrastructure (Network and Server architecture).
- Experience with monitoring technologies
- Exposure and familiarity with change, problem and release management.
- Excellent customer service skills with a professional demeanor. Must at all times be able to communicate clearly with all levels of employees, external vendors and management teams
- Excellent organizational, problem solving and project management skills.
- Ability to achieve specific results from little direction.
- Ability to work under pressure being adaptable and responsive to organizational requirements.
- Maintain high degree of self-motivation and independent decision making.
- Ability to work and derive creative and practical solutions to complex problems in independent work environment.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer