Comcast Eng 6, Software Dev & Engineering in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Responsible for planning and designing new software applications.
Analyzes, tests, and assists with the integration of new applications.
Oversees the documentation and software best practices of all
development activities. Trains and mentors both technical and
non-technical personnel. Assists with defining and tracking performance
metrics. Provides guidance and support to other Engineers.
Employees at all levels are expect to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how
you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our
customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint,
and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our
game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital
tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being
open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that
brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining
huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do
better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our
- Collaborates with project stakeholders to identify product and
technical requirements. Conducts analysis to determine integration
- Designs and oversees new software and web applications, supports
applications under development, and customizes current applications.
Develops software update processes for existing applications. Assists
and oversees in the roll-out of software releases.
- Trains and mentors software development engineers on internally
developed software applications and software development best practices.
- Oversees the researching, writing, and editing of documentation and
technical requirements, including software designs evaluation plans,
test results, technical manuals and formal recommendations and reports.
- Keeps current with technological developments within the industry.
Monitors and evaluates competitive applications and products. Reviews
literature, patents, and current practices relevant to the solution of
- Provides technical leadership throughout the design process and
provides guidance with regards to practices, procedures, and techniques.
Serves as a guide and mentor for junior level Software Development
- Assists in tracking; provides and evaluates performance metrics.
Ensures team delivers software on time, to specification, and within
- Works with Quality Assurance team to determine if applications fit
specification and technical requirements. Tests and evaluates systems,
subsystems, and components
- Leads project planning, resourcing, requirement analyzing and
defining, detailed designing, and deployment of feature or system.
- Presents and defends architectural, design, and technical choices to
internal and external audiences.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work
nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Engineering, Computer Science
- Generally requires 15 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer