Comcast Eng 4, Software Dev & Engineering in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast's Technology & Product organization works at the intersection of media and technology. Our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products that transform the customer experience. From creating apps like TVGo to new features such as the Talking Guide on the X1 platform, we work every day to make a positive impact through innovation in the pursuit of building amazing products that are enjoyable, easy to use and accessible across all platforms. The team also develops and supports our evolving network architecture, including next-generation consumer systems and technologies, infrastructure and engineering, network integration and management tools, and technical standards.
Comcast is in the process of merging our different orchestration platforms into one (code name Convoy) for use by Comcast customers across multiple channels. This orchestration platform will be responsible for all aspects of customer engagement and will seek to transform Comcast's customer experience to deliver informed customer service solutions while reducing cost and increasing efficacy.
Within the context of the Convoy program, this role will be responsible for development of the services that comprise the Convoy platform. Analyzes, tests, and assists with the integration of new applications. Oversees the documentation of all development activity. Trains non-technical personnel. Assists with tracking performance metrics. Integrates knowledge of business and functional priorities. Acts as a key contributor in a complex and crucial environment. May lead teams or projects and shares expertise across multiple areas of Development, Quality Assurance, Architecture and Planning.
- Collaborates with project stakeholders to identify product and technical requirements. Conducts analysis to determine integration needs.
- Designs new software and web applications, supports applications under development, and customizes current applications. Develops software update process for existing applications. Assists in the roll-out of software releases.
- Trains junior Software Development Engineers on internally developed software applications.
- Oversees the researching, writing, and editing of documentation and technical requirements, including evaluation plans, test results, technical manuals, and formal recommendations and reports.
- Keeps current with technological developments within the industry. Monitors and evaluates competitive applications and products. Reviews literature, patents, and current practices relevant to the solution of assigned projects.
- Provides technical leadership throughout the design process and guidance with regards to practices, procedures, and techniques. Serves as a guide and mentor for junior level Software Development Engineers.
- Assists in tracking and evaluating performance metrics. Ensures team delivers software on time, to specification, and within budget.
- Works with Quality Assurance team to determine if applications fit specification and technical requirements.
- Displays expertise in knowledge of engineering methodologies, concepts, and skills and their application in the area of specified engineering specialty.
- Displays expertise in process design and redesign skills. Presents and defends architectural, design, and technical choices to internal audiences.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Spring and Spring Boot
- Hibernate and/or JPA
- Relational/SQL (Oracle, PostgreSQL, MySQL, etc.)
- NoSQL (Couchbase, MongoDB, etc.)
- Messaging (JMS, Kafka)
- Agile/Scrum Experience
-PaaS (Cloud Foundry) a plus
-Public Cloud (AWS, Google Cloud, or Azure) a plus
-Experience integrating with AI/ML or NLP (such as API.ai) solutions a big plus
Education Level: Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
Field of Study: Engineering, Computer Science
Years Experience: Generally requires 7-11 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer