Comcast Eng 3, Software Dev & Engineering (SDET) in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Function : Engineering
Family : Quality Assurance
Job Title: Eng 3, Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)
Comcast shapes the future at the intersection of media and technology. We create world-class experiences that people love and trust and drive innovation that builds value. We bring millions TV and Internet, entertainment, sports and news, communications and home management, theme parks, television and movies. Comcast brings to life the best of what's to come.
The selected candidate will be responsible for testing systems and technologies related to the delivery of X1 Platform and Applications. In this role, you will be partnering with the software development team that creates enterprise applications, services and tools that will be used by millions of Comcast customers revolutionizing the way communication is experienced and utilizes cutting-edge technologies at the same time. Your role will entail creating and designing tests, iterative manual execution of these tests to optimize them, and then implementing these tests as part of an automation suite owned by your team. You will be working with cross-functional teams across the org to launch best in class technical solutions for application testing. You will collaborate directly with software developers to ensure quality development and quality of our applications and platforms. You will be responsible for driving the software development process toward quality-centric methodologies. You will be a key member of a team building an innovative new product that will change customers’ lives.
- Create, review, execute and manage test strategies, test plans, re-usable test scenarios.
- Write automated test scripts that allow for repeatable, reliable testing solutions.
- Coordinate defect management and triage functions, working cross-functionally to resolve issues and escalating to leadership as necessary.
- Responsible for the preparation of test environments and test data.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Provide regular communication of project status and issues requiring escalation.
- Assists in providing guidance and mentorship for junior-level SDET’s. Provides technical leadership and consultation with regards to practices, procedures and techniques.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Strong QA skills with working experience in automation frameworks and testing tools is required
- Working experience and proficiency in technologies like Cucumber, Karate, Selenium
- Working knowledge with REST APIs, verifying HTTP responses, methods, headers, etc.
- Working experience on Windows and Linux platforms for both GUI and command line interfaces
- Working experience with middleware development (services/database), data integration and comparing data using web service endpoints
- Strong debugging and logs analysis skills
- Use of databases such as Oracle, Casandra, SQL Server, or MySQL (both querying and use of dataset as scripting object) using tools like SQL Developer, TOAD etc, preferred
- Creative, self-motivated team player willing to take the lead to develop cutting-edge innovative solutions. Willingness to take ownership and additional responsibilities
- Experience with Continuous Integration and related tools, such as Bamboo, Jenkins, Maven, etc.
- Experience with Agile Methodologies preferred
- Basic understanding of networking concepts preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to collaborate as part of a team
Education Level:-Bachelors Degree or Equivalent preferred field of Study:-Engineering, Computer Science
Experience:-Generally requires 5-8 years related experience
Military Experience Valued
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer